General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E Cigs......any one used them?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 May 2013 11:09

Or know anyone who does...I'd like to pick your brains a bit please...
Do they work?
How often do they need refilling and the cost per refill.

Any info gratefully received :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 May 2013 11:15

As quite a heavy smoker, no preaching please, I will follow this thread with some interest.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 15 May 2013 11:20

Hi Muffy :-).....never had to use them, but man in our company on Sunday was smoking an ECigar :-S..
Mau xx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 May 2013 11:24

Thank you OFITG....well said..if nagging and chiding worked there wouldn't be any smokers...so clearly it doesn't...........

Blimey E Cigar Mau !!! Never heard of that before !!!! :-S

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 May 2013 11:35

Muffyxx, my cardiology consult told me he was not going to nag me about my smoking as he thought if I gave up smoking the stress would kill me ;-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 May 2013 11:48

Saw a man using one the other day, l asked him about it and he said its the best thing he's done. He's tried so many times to give up and this works. His wife did'nt like it and gave up on her own, she had to as she had had a heart attack!!
He always aks if in a pub etc if he can use it inside and they usually say no problem.
He came over and should me the works, lthink its battery operated, can't remember now...DOHHH.....definately no tobacco etc, but it blows out smoke....LOL
He feels better for using it too:)

jude :-) x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 May 2013 11:57

I have used several and found them very good,

I used the one that you buy as a Kit and then buy replacement component parts as and when required including the liquid to refill the cartridges,

The liquid comes in various flavours and strenghts

I am on a break from it at the moment, because the liquid you buy comes in different strengths and the one i bought last i "think" is to strong so i'm on the fags for a while then i will go back to my usual strength liquid

http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/products/starter-kits-products.html

Roy

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 15 May 2013 12:13

Muffy sweetie,
dont wait until you have an Heart Attack to stop you smoking, (like wot I did)
cos its not just cancer to be feared ya know.
I was one of the lucky ones, at least 3 close friends of mine were not so.
I have had an extra 12 or so years up to now watching my grandchildren growing up.
My wife still smokes a lot and has no end of health problems, She has to wear breathing apparatus at night and we had to have a stair lift installed because she couldn`t manage the stairs to get to the Bathroom / Toilet any more.
Had to have a wet room made as well because she couldn`t climb into the bath

Me... I was as right as rain when I had my first Heart attack remember it well . I was as fit as a fiddle, it was a lovely sunny day I was on my way to a job interview happy as Larry smoking a fag as I walked down the road. Then "ZAP" the rest is history.

If your not bothered about your own children or future grandchildren carry on killing yourself. girl.

I don't know why I`m telling you this cos it wont make a blind bit of difference , it hasn`t to wife who was OK before she saw what smoking did for me but she still carried on.

Sorry for rambling on sweetie, I`m not thinking about you. but about your children , they don't deserve to see their mum leave them too early due to a packet of fags.

Think I may have overstepped the mark here, gonna delete after you`ve told me off. :-P :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 May 2013 12:20

I use them, each filter is the equivalent of 2 packs of cigs and cost about £2.00 per unit, they come in various strengths so you can control the amount of nicotine you absorb. One unit has lasted me a month.

The starter kit was £7.99 for that I got the USB charger, 2 filter cartridges and the ciggy bit.

I only have the odd puff during the day. My worst time for smoking was when I was on the phone (as you probably know...lolol).

If I can do it anyone can, after puffing away for 47 years I am still fag free since 10/04 which is a bloody miracle :-D

I can let you have the link to the ecigs I use, no liquid or anything messy.

xx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 May 2013 12:27

That's why I'm doing it Budgie.......My sister ( also a smoker) is in hospital with suspected pneumonia and it's scared the life out of me....AND my niece who is very upset...don't want my girls going through that either.

Always meant to give up before I was 40....but kept finding excuses not to....so now is the time !!!

Yes please re the link Sue...I'm totally confused about what to look for.

Prefer a recommendation.

Wend

Wend Report 15 May 2013 12:30

Can you send me the link please Sue. I use E-Cigs, but hate the taste of them.

Budgie, may I suggest that you don't delete your excellent post. :-) <3

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 May 2013 12:33

Agree with Wend.No need to delete Budgie x

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 May 2013 12:34

Out of interest Wend...which make are you currently using?

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 May 2013 12:38

I would appreciate the link as well - thanks, and Sue don't delete you post

Wend

Wend Report 15 May 2013 12:43

After trying several, Muffy, I now use nicolites (www.nicolites.com) which are the best so far. They're meant to be tobacco flavour, but still taste like rotting cabbage :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 May 2013 13:00

http://www.ecigsbrand.com/webstore/default.aspx

I do not use the referral programme!

Wend

Wend Report 15 May 2013 13:59

Thanks Sue - what length are they? I like the Nicolites because they are almost the same size as a normal ciggy (just 3mm longer) and lighter to hold than the others, which range in length from 10cm to 11cm and are thicker.

Edited to correct mm's to cm's - I get muddled with metric :-S

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 May 2013 14:59

I'll answer those questions later Wend when himself can get the tape measure :-D

Renes

Renes Report 15 May 2013 15:16

Hi All

Great thread to read,

I have a friend in Wales who is very interested,

Question please are you all buying on line .. or can these e cigs type products be purchased in shops

Thanks

Renes

Wend

Wend Report 15 May 2013 15:21

I buy mine online Renes, because the few shops in my area which sell Nicolites always seem to have sold out of them!