General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bewildered needs help.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

enna

enna Report 17 May 2013 11:18

I have asked before if I can start a new tree. It has nothing to do with "my" tree but a different family altogether.
Well, call me thick but I don't have the foggiest idea how to do this.
Simple, very simple instructions required please.
Thanks in anticipation.
anne :-S

Island

Island Report 17 May 2013 11:28

yes anne, you can.

Log out and register again - you can use the same email but you'll need to create a different password for different accounts. When you log in again you will be offered all of your accounts so just click on the one you want.

However, you will only be able to post on the boards, initiate contact with other members and view other members trees through your paid for account.

I hope this helps.

Persephone

Persephone Report 17 May 2013 11:39

You will get advised of matches if you request this with your free tree and other people can contact you re this other family tree. You can reply for free but you cannot initiate contact with another person..

You could though pm and ask them via your paid membership explaining why you are asking etc.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.. not that I am advocating you do this.. the RSPCA may not be too happy with me.

Persie..

enna

enna Report 17 May 2013 15:03

Thank you Island and Persie, going to try it now! Fingers crossed. lol

enna

enna Report 17 May 2013 15:08

Mmmm. ???????????????// :-S :-S

enna

enna Report 17 May 2013 18:21

Still cannot do it. Why???
anne.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 May 2013 19:20

Anne

You cannot have 2 separate trees with the same membership

BUT you can have 2 separate memberships in GR, with a tree on each one.

You currently have a paid membership

so, you need to set up a second FREE membership so that you can so the second tree.

Sign out of GR completely.

Go to Google, search for GR, then click on the site

Join GR again as a FREE member ............

....... create a different password

......... use a slightly different site name (the site does not now allow more than one same name as Board Name).

If it still does not work, try again using a different email address ............... eg, set up a free email address with gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.

Good luck

sylvia

enna

enna Report 17 May 2013 22:46

Sylvia, done it. :-) Thank you. So easy that's why I found it hard. lol

Thanks to every one who helped.
Anne.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 May 2013 23:15

Anne

you are very welcome :-)