General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photography course:))))

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 May 2013 16:13

l'm doing a photography course and was finding it abit daunting so have'nt done anything for a couple of weeks (too much else going on too), its the blinky camera l'm having probs with, learning how to use the blinky thing properly...lol

Anyways....l have just passed module 3 with a 9 - 10....and l passed all 3 quizzes within that module ....flipping eck.
Module 4 is Exposure: Shutter speed and 5 is Exposure: aperture....now that will be very interesting....me hopes:)

jude :-) :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 May 2013 17:06

I think half the problem Jude is that these days we set our cameras to programme and it takes care of aperture and shutter speed for us. Before automatic type and digital cameras it was always necessary to set both ourselves or ruin the photo. It used to come automatically to me but these days if I have to do it I really have to think. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 May 2013 17:07

I should have said, well done on the modules you have passed.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 May 2013 17:33

Thanks Ann:)

Is our Lumix a Bridge camera??
l think you are right in that its easy to just let the camera do it for us, but l might like to try and get a better one in a yrs time (maybe), one where l will have to do more, maybe 2nd hand.
My main aim though is to be able to take really nice photo's of the grand kids:))

jude :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 May 2013 21:34

Yes I think they call it a bridge camera. I doubt if you will take any better photos than you can take with that one. It is technique not the camera that will improve your photos.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 19 May 2013 15:44

Thanks Ann....thats good to hear:)...maybe l won't bother then:)

jude ;-)