Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Writers Group thread 2013

Page 2 + 1 of 20

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dermot

Dermot Report 7 Jun 2013 14:27

I'm running out of words. That's austerity for you! I might have to nick a few when nobody is looking.

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 7 Jun 2013 16:31

Nudge :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jun 2013 17:15

I struggled with the first assignment so have reverted to fact not fiction or poetry.

I have also completed the second assignment as I will be away for two weeks and din't want to be under pressure to complete in 2 days when we return. :-) :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Jun 2013 08:13

Morning :-D our Rose nudged this thread for me in an attempt to divert my grumpyness into something more constructive than verbally insulting FB friends.

I received the news a couple of days ago that I am banned from doing anything remotely physical for another six weeks.

I am giving the possibility of joining some serious thought (if I am allowed to submit my jottings of course) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jun 2013 08:24

Sue, you know you would be very welcome. :-) <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Jun 2013 12:40

Thank you Ann <3

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Jun 2013 11:33

Hi all, scribbling frantically?

Ann, is everyone sending out on the same day 15th or if I finish something do you want it sooner? Not that I have lol. Struggling to get back into it and 'distracted' at the moment :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2013 11:54

I don't think it matters Rose I think any time up to the 15th for the firat one. People just said they wanted two weeks so I stuck a date on it. Mine will have to go out soon or it will be forgotten in the pre holiday packing rush. :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Jun 2013 12:02

Thanks Ann, I haven't managed much, just a poem that I'm not very happy with and a little bit of a ramble which may not see the light of day lol.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2013 12:07

Well with your board name you are allowed to ramble.

I have just sent out an updated e mail list.

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 10 Jun 2013 13:02

Right, I'm here.

Sorry, Ann, I have seen your post about the subjects, should have said so at the time but it was late and I was tired so I read the post and then shut down the computer, never did get round to posting again.

Since then I've been concentrating on the interview I had last Thursday and then daughter's birthday yesterday. I have to admit to having done nothing about the first assignment so far so what you'll end up with I do not know, quite possibly a stream of consciousness that makes no sense :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2013 13:11

Lol Cat, mine are often a bit like that so don't worry. :-D

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 10 Jun 2013 13:24

I've just checked, the 15th June is on Saturday :-0 I'll have to get a move on...after I've done some gardening...well more like hacking down the jungle :-D Have to do it today as the weather is supposed to be turning tomorrow.

Cat procrastinator extraordinaire :-S ;-)

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Jun 2013 13:47

Can anyone who hasn't got an email from me today please let me know, just had a couple of 'error' messages with addresses.

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 10 Jun 2013 13:50

I ain't had one Rose.

Emma :-)

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Jun 2013 13:53

Sorry Emma, have sent again to you let me know if it arrives please :-D

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 10 Jun 2013 14:01

Got it Rose and shall peruse at my leisure
later. :-D

Emma :-)

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Jun 2013 14:03

That's good Emma :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2013 15:24

Just sent my effort out so everyone should also get an e mail from me. Like Rose I have put mine in the body of the email because I believe some people had trouble before with opening files.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 10 Jun 2013 16:23

Sooooo I type my stuff on Google Drive and up to now, have been c & p into a Yahoo email. It doesnt' turn out right somehow. Is there something simple I can do to make it 'neater'.

BC XX