General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


Peter Report 4 Jun 2013 17:30

Wonder if anyone can help on how to find out information on my grandfathers army records.I think he joined the army sometime towards the end of the great war and was medically discharged in 1940 after dunkirk. i know he served in the royal engineers.
His name is william Frederick King dob 01/02/1899 and dod 8/2/1974
mamy thanks
Peter King


Porkie_Pie Report 4 Jun 2013 17:47

For soldiers discharged after 1920 which it looks like he was then his records are still held by the MOD




Leslie Report 8 Jun 2013 19:29

You can only access those records at Kew...It's best to go personally as the search charges are a bit heavy on the pocket.....LES.


Porkie_Pie Report 8 Jun 2013 20:12

Leslie, You are mistaken, See