General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Forget the Middle Man/Woman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Jun 2013 02:53

Go to the source!

:-D

Some of you know we had a flood in the house because of a tap hose bursting. That was at Easter, and we've been living in chaos.

I contacted the company who supply the vanities & taps to shops...... spoke with the rep.

He came here this morning. Gave him a "tour".

He's giving us a replacement vanity for the downstairs bathroom (the 2nd tap hose that burst), new taps, new popup plugs, "stop cocks" (whatever they call them these days)....... AND he gave us $500, which was the excess we had to pay the insurance company!

I'm impressed!

Dermot

Dermot Report 5 Jun 2013 07:33

For a second, I thought this thread might be about another Downing Street threesome!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Jun 2013 08:30

pmsl

I don't live at No 10

GinN

GinN Report 5 Jun 2013 11:18

Glad that you seem to be having som good luck at last, Scozz. :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jun 2013 12:04

Goodness, that is good service, hope that you will be back to normal soon Scozz. (/With a sparkling clean house!) :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 5 Jun 2013 12:43

As said before

Speak to the organ grinder and not his monkey

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Jun 2013 23:12

I've been lazy since Easter, couldn't see much point in doing housework in a tip (I do the basics!).

Looks like there will be a marathon cleaning session soonish.