General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeff

Jeff Report 12 Jun 2013 19:37

Can anyone help? Everytime I log on there are messages telling me I have new Hot Matches. When I click on the relevant part of the message I keep getting an error message so am unable to see the new Hot Match. What do I need to do? With over 3000 names in my tree I can't wade thru all of them to try and find the new match. Jeff

Robert

Robert Report 12 Jun 2013 20:22

You are lucky you get the error message!!!

When I get Hot Matches - I have had 2 today- by the time I find what they are referring to, it turns out they have no connection to me.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Jun 2013 20:25

Usually as hot as a damp Swan Vesta :-(

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 13 Jun 2013 10:40

I found that after about 1 year the hot matches just became a waste of time.

Same matches appeared again and again.

Found more using the search facility for myself. Yes it is time consuming, but what I did was just do the brick walls first.

:-D

Leslie

Leslie Report 13 Jun 2013 19:06

Sorry....Just reread it again....I thought you said hot flushes....Seriously I can't get around the hot matches either...Just keep adding to the trees....LES.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Jun 2013 02:07

99% of the HotMatches I get are with people I'm already in touch with.

The other 1% I've given up sending messages to, because they're obviously not using the site ~ nobody responds.

What's the point?

:-(