General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Jun 2013 02:07

99% of the HotMatches I get are with people I'm already in touch with.

The other 1% I've given up sending messages to, because they're obviously not using the site ~ nobody responds.

What's the point?

:-(

Leslie

Leslie Report 13 Jun 2013 19:06

Sorry....Just reread it again....I thought you said hot flushes....Seriously I can't get around the hot matches either...Just keep adding to the trees....LES.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 13 Jun 2013 10:40

I found that after about 1 year the hot matches just became a waste of time.

Same matches appeared again and again.

Found more using the search facility for myself. Yes it is time consuming, but what I did was just do the brick walls first.

:-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Jun 2013 20:25

Usually as hot as a damp Swan Vesta :-(

Robert

Robert Report 12 Jun 2013 20:22

You are lucky you get the error message!!!

When I get Hot Matches - I have had 2 today- by the time I find what they are referring to, it turns out they have no connection to me.

Jeff

Jeff Report 12 Jun 2013 19:37

Can anyone help? Everytime I log on there are messages telling me I have new Hot Matches. When I click on the relevant part of the message I keep getting an error message so am unable to see the new Hot Match. What do I need to do? With over 3000 names in my tree I can't wade thru all of them to try and find the new match. Jeff