General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adopted son

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sarah

sarah Report 22 Jun 2013 09:32

how do i find my relatives adopted son he was adopted in 1986 soon after birth ?? i have found original birth record but his name will have changed. she was very young and her parents delte with the adoption and they wont talk about it ??? help please xxx :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Jun 2013 09:50

hello Sara and welcome to the boards

think this would be better posted on Find Living Relatives - however, I know there are organisations which help in this kind of search and I am sure someone will come on here and give you that information

Ann :-)

sarah

sarah Report 22 Jun 2013 09:55

thank you Ann xx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jun 2013 10:34

As you haven't started a new thread yet.

If she hasn't already, she should add her name to the Adoption Contact Register and hope that he has as well.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Use the search all trees function on this site to see if his birth name (or her own) is listed on someone elses tree.
If she knows or can guess which agency or SS are arranged the adoption, contact them and ask if they will put a letter on his file.
He might have created an account on Facebook or other social media sites in his birth name. Search them

sarah

sarah Report 22 Jun 2013 11:23

Thank you xxx