General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nelson Mandela

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Jun 2013 23:48

seems the end is near for the lovely Nelson Mandela - what a man, a true hero of our time, but a long life, a lot of it lived under awful circumstances <3 <3

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 23 Jun 2013 23:52

Very sad. Condition reported as critical at 10.30pm this evening :-( :-( May he be peaceful and know the Lord's presence :-)

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 24 Jun 2013 06:38

He is an inspiration to all . A very Good man

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jun 2013 06:53

I wish him a gentle peaceful passing when his time comes, there will be great mourning worldwide and he will never be forgotten. I think he has suffered enough now.

Lizx

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 24 Jun 2013 08:39

Have just realised he was 76 when elected President. And what a healthy and wise President he was all those years.

A real inspiration - I always felt that he reached out to every community, not just one. And not just in South Africa

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 24 Jun 2013 09:17

He is a man who will go down in history as the man who brought the people of South Africa together after the divisions caused by apartheid, the struggle to end apartheid was something he was prepared to die for.

Throughout his life he witnessed much suffering and conflict, not only amongst the people of South Africa, but also on a personal level. Although many do not want to loose him I think the time has now come to let him go - I hope and pray his passing will be dignified and peaceful.

wisechild

wisechild Report 24 Jun 2013 15:29

Poor old man.
Just hope he´s allowed to die peacefully without too much medical intervention. He´s so old & frail.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 24 Jun 2013 20:04

Latest report is that they are making him as comfortable as possible, which I fear means the end is very near.

So sad.

God Bless

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 24 Jun 2013 20:08

An amazing man.So wish there were more like him doing a similar job in other parts of the world!!

jude x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Jun 2013 20:44

Hope he has a Peaceful and pain free passing.

A Hero in the eyes of the South African people and many more over the World.

kandj

kandj Report 24 Jun 2013 22:33

A man of our times and a true historian in the making. Hope his passing is peaceful.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 25 Jun 2013 11:46

A hundred white doves have been released outside the hospital where Nelson Mandela is being treated in Pretoria. What a fitting tribute for for a man who brought freedom to so many :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jun 2013 13:17

Has anyone seen any news about Nelson Mandela ??
l know they are already discussing where he should be buried...but he's not died yet!!

jude

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 30 Jun 2013 13:57

All you need to know about Nelson Mandela

http://crime-of-apartheid.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/20-may-1983-mandelas-church-st-bomb.html

:-0

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jun 2013 14:44

Thank you but that was'nt what l meant.....never mind l'll find it on google:))