General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Funny how the boards have changed this week?

Page 0 + 1 of 9

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 Jun 2013 10:00

Not been on the boards for a couple of days - early morning had a peep. So surprised that so many threads are not there. The interesting ones don't seem to exist anymore. Where is Mr Magoo's daily joke, JLH and the brains.

Even the so called holier-than-thou threads have gone - wooshed away - there is only one I can find.

Learned something amazing as well - a concept that has really blown my mind. There are members on here who copy everything they write on the threads so they can reference back or paste back in a debate where they are determined to prove a point. How mean spirited.

Have I missed something ..................... :-0 :-0

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 28 Jun 2013 10:18

Hi NanaSue, I think someone must have had very itchy fingers, so many threads RR'd, dont know why if they read a thread that thy don't like, don't agtee with or feel that it is offensive they don't just leave it and read other threads, don't RR it, others find Mr. M's jokes funny, and a good laugh is the best way to start the day.
Have a good day. :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2013 10:29

the boards have been lovely for a few days now - no aggro whatsoever - presumably because a few people have been missing - it's been an absolute pleasure to come on here - let's hope it lasts but I'm not holding my breath

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 28 Jun 2013 10:30

Every picture tells a story. :-)

Libby

Libby Report 28 Jun 2013 10:58

Here we go again :-\

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Jun 2013 11:11

WHY, OH WHY doesnt a Reported thread/post get a note...

........RR'd By

?? whoever.......

Its SO easy to be picky/vindictive,when you remain anonymous

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Jun 2013 11:16

For goodness sake!

I guess it IS Friday :-(

I will C & P some of my posts and keep them on word if I think they will get whooshed without good reason (i.e. it's me that posted) so I can repost. Something wrong with that? I don't believe there is.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jun 2013 11:17

WHY IS IT THAT SOMEONE DOSNT POST OR DELETS A THREAD ITS LOOKED ON WITH GLEE,
SOME WORK SOME HAVE INTERNET PROBLEMS ,AND GOD FORBID YOU HAVE A HOLIDAY WITHOUT THE TRUSTY LAPTOP/IPAD/TABLET/PHONE,

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jun 2013 11:19

Because Bob if that were the case, the fallout would lead to unprecedented nastiness between opposing factions ...usually by PM where it can't be seen.

I know this because I have stated when I report. Usually I would rather "leave someone enough rope to hang themself" if their post is a deliberately provocative one....

" There are members on here who copy everything they write on the threads so they can reference back or paste back in a debate where they are determined to prove a point. How mean spirited."..

.hmmm maybe, but I think there are rather MORE who have been forced into the position of having to copy everything someone ELSE writes in order to base their comments on accurate details when said other person has edited or deleted their antagonistic comments. so they read as 'Miss innocent' .

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 Jun 2013 11:19

What!............. I've not even read it - must have been nasty for it to be rrr'd so soon.

Oh I'm back to my cakes for a while - need a special plate of creations for the mayor tomorrow. :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2013 11:26

no way was it nasty - this is roughly what I said -

the boards have been a pleasure to come on - no aggro - probably because a few people have not been here - let's hope it stays that way, but I'm not holding my breath

now why on earth would that be reportable

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2013 11:28

if anyone considers that to be nasty and reportable, please tell me and I will delete it

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jun 2013 11:33

ANN
I WOULD LIKE YOU TO PLEASE DELETE,TO MY MIND ITS AIMED AT A
CERTAIN PERSON

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2013 11:38

it's aimed at no one on particular Dizzi - I would not do that - if someone can give me a definitive answer it will be deleted - had I intended to aim it at someone in particular I would be guilty of causing disharmony and as I said, the boards have been a pleasure to come on - I don't want that changed

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2013 11:40

if anyone else requests it's deletion I shall do so - I would just like others to see the gist of what I posted

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jun 2013 11:42

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY A DIFINITIVE ANSWER ANN
IM A BIT THICK HEADED TODAY

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jun 2013 11:45

ANYONE ELSE,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2013 11:46

a definitive answer as to how it was a nasty posting

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Jun 2013 11:49

I can't see a valid reason to RR it Ann.

I'm with our Rose.....I always say when I have RRd something but rarely do because I think that some posts betray the true nature of the poster and I would rather those stay up too.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 28 Jun 2013 11:49

Good luck with the cupcakes, NS, don't forget to give them a good stir :-D