General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sorry. An Error Has Occurred

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 30 Jun 2013 09:43

The last 10 things I clicked on resulted in me getting this error message. It seems to be happening more & more lately. The next time GR ask me for £160 (or however much it is now) to renew my subscription, I might give them the same message! :-P

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jun 2013 09:45

They might be tinkering this morning Graham.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 30 Jun 2013 09:51

I keep getting the same....that's a large hint to close the tab and go out :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 30 Jun 2013 09:55

I have lost count of the number of times recently I have received the message "Sorry An Error Has Occurred" - seems to be par for the course over past couple of weeks :-|

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jun 2013 10:23

l have ad the same its been awful, but on the Suggestions Board it suggests a few things as to why this is happening....its best you read it, you will have to scroll down to the monthly update they do and people have mentioned this error problem:))

jude

Edit..Its called Suggestion Round Up, or similar...:)

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 30 Jun 2013 10:28

They might be moody coz I am here for another year. :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Jun 2013 10:29

Put it on the list with everything else the GR gurus are supposed to be "fixing".

I've almost given up telling them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fed up with it.

:-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Jun 2013 10:41

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I just got at least 8 Error Messages in a row, trying to move around the boards!

:-P

I give up.

I'm going to play cards. :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Jun 2013 10:47

£160?????? :-S

Andrew

Andrew Report 30 Jun 2013 10:50

Had lots of these over the past couple of days as well.

Andy

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 30 Jun 2013 10:50

Just tried to log on as normal and got error message.... :-(

Got in via FB GR.......... :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jun 2013 10:58

Here is one reply from Community to the Error problem......

• When using the site sometimes the page won’t load or messages won’t send and I receive an ‘error message’
- The phantom error message!! We are really sorry that some of you have to see this message. As frequent users of the site, you are the ones most likely to experience this inconvenience. The error message occurs when the server takes too long to reply to the site. This could be because it is a time of high traffic, or because the thread or page you are looking at has a lot of information to load. We are constantly making changes to the site to improve performance and reduce the number of error messages shown. When an error message does show, we suggest refreshing the page and reporting the error to customer service, as this will help us identify any patterns and particular problem pages.

l will add another in a mo:)

This makes sense....

• Threads should be limited to 5000 posts and then locked with GR creating a new part 2 thread with the original post and link to old thread. This should help the error message issues.
- Good suggestion, I will discuss this solution with the Genes development team.

One more to come....

• Still receiving error messages
- We experienced some intermittent problems during the release last week and then again on Monday night where people could not log in. Both of these issues have been fixed. If you are experiencing an error message when using the boards or your contact centre, and it is a long thread or you have a lot of messages, you may experience a time out error because of the amount of data the website has to load. Please can you let us know which error message you are still seeing.

jude

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 30 Jun 2013 11:02

Lots of errors today. Sunday being the day a lot of people do research on here so are GR going to offer some kind of compansation for inconvenience caused to the paying members?

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jun 2013 11:04

Check my earlier post out l have c&p'd posts from Suggestion Round Up..... :-)

jude

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jun 2013 11:20

Well - Graham has 212 posts against his profile. The *you have a lot of messages* (posts?) wouldn't apply in his case.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 30 Jun 2013 11:20

Thats all good Jude but people have been contacting GR know about the errors they get for months now but still the errors keep coming. so what can the members do now? go to Brightsolid in the hope they might do something? The service does seem to get worse.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jun 2013 11:34

BK...yeh see your point!!

edit..juse to add....l get as p'd off as anyone else :-| :-|

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 30 Jun 2013 12:13

I have not had any Error messages at all today,so far, fingers crossed. :-)
Yesterday I was flooded out with them :-| :-P

IF!... I get any today, every single one of them will be transfered onto GR`s Facebook wall. :-P :-P

:-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jun 2013 12:23

Many error messages today, for the first time in ages.

Very frustrating, but in my case also very unusual :-(

Graham

Graham Report 30 Jun 2013 13:33

Well, I'm back. And all seems to be working okay for the time being...