General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TROLL SPOTTING

Page 1 + 1 of 9

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 2 Jul 2013 15:33

Excellent Jonesey

Agree with all your OP

Kitty ...don't speak to soon ;-).........please ;-)

GB ...has a good point :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 2 Jul 2013 15:35

KittytheFabCook - I totally agree.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 2 Jul 2013 15:38

I too will not be responding to the Troll posts. If nobody responded then the thread would just sink into oblivion

Rambling Rose I agree it's difficult when it causes hurt but it will cause less hurt if the thread sinks to oblivion without a view or a comment. Perhaps then the message will get across.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 2 Jul 2013 15:46

Going to try very hard not to reply to Trolls but sometimes you just have to

Will have to practise sitting on my hands more

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jul 2013 16:04

says to myself - I must not feed the troll - I must be strong :-D :-D

jax

jax Report 2 Jul 2013 16:34

I have resisted for the last few weeks and not been rr'd once :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jul 2013 21:11

Jonesey

excellent!

I aim to watch from a distance, and laugh

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Jul 2013 21:23

Aha! I'm a Troll!

I have been wondering for a day or ten why 32 read a new topic I placed on General Thread & not one commented.

I feel elated that I now know why & deflated for the same reason.

Cheers Jonesey.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 2 Jul 2013 21:26

Dermot I really don't think you qualify as a troll :-D

Tec :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 2 Jul 2013 21:35

I FED THE TROLL AND GOT A WARNING,IN FUTURE I WILL
PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 2 Jul 2013 23:04

NAME AND SHAME THE TROLLS. :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Jul 2013 00:14

Dermot :-D :-D I often comment on your threads, so perhaps that makes me a troll also ;-)

Edit: Have read that list by Jonesey carefully this morning and can honestly say I have not seen much of that on these threads in last 11 months at least. Perhaps it is Roy's spray that is working.

I think dominant and confident personalities with a particular sense of humour can appear that way (and I can see why one or two feel a recent poster fits that category). But I never saw it that way. In fact, I have often thought that if Ian Hislop, Paul Merton, Boris Johnson or Kathy Burke came on Genes chat, Roy's spray would have zapped them within a couple of days :-)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 3 Jul 2013 09:50

Dermot,

I don't think that 32 views but no posts necessarily indicates that you are a troll, unless of course you know different. ;-)

Last week I spotted a post that had attracted over 80 views but not a single response. Now to me that indicates that its author might have been recognised by others as having troll tendencies. ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Jul 2013 09:58

Or it may have been a badly worded or uninteresting Opening Post, Jonesey. ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Jul 2013 10:12

Have just reviewed first 5 pages and a few posts have had loads of views but few posts. They have been posted by:

Rollo the Red
Dizzi
Golden Girl
Mersey
KarenintheDesert
UzziInSunshine
Tawny
Anna
LadyScozz
Allan
Claddagh

Not sure that McCarthyite theory of high views versus low response will necessarily discover who is a troll. Sorry I have had to list names - and can assure all above I think you post really good and interesting posts. But for whatever reasons we all post stuff that gets people looking but not responding.

Personally, I am always pleased if someone opens one of my posts. At least I am connecting, even if they find post boring. :-) There is no kudos in having more posts on your thread than anyone else, is there?

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 3 Jul 2013 10:18

I just find it all entertaining. :-D

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 3 Jul 2013 10:24

Same here Black Knight, I sit of a morning while having my rosy lee and have a good old laugh at it all.

Carol ;-) :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 3 Jul 2013 10:41

I am having a giggle at the way this thread is going and will watch with interest to see what transpires ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jul 2013 10:41

on the rare occasion when I have posted something and no one responds, I just delete it and move on - simples :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 3 Jul 2013 11:38

Your own name wasn't on the list JLH

Funny about that

:-S