General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Favourite Flower

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 20:40

Mine are Gerbera I love the way they stand tall with their faces to the sun

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jul 2013 20:44

my daughter in law had a bouquet of orange ones when she married my son - looked gorgeous

she also had a matching tribute to put on my husband's stone just outside the entrance to the church that day - it was a lovely thought

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 20:46

Oh how lovely what a lovely thing to do there really is something uplifting about them

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 3 Jul 2013 20:50

Dear Ladies

Hello

My favourites are roses, any colour at all.

Our local park has set aside an area for wild flowers to be cultivated and
there are now tall stems of lavender.

I passed by them today and thought how beautiful they looked
by the 300 year old oak tree.

The community gardeners have recently put up information boards about the history of the park, wildlife and flowers.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Jul 2013 20:50

i have so many, love roses, orchids and carnations, there my 3 favourite :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 3 Jul 2013 20:53

Freesia and Roses <3

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 3 Jul 2013 20:54

Has to be sweet peas, reminds me of my father who grew them in abundance. I have tried for 40 yrs without success.

Carol :-(

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 20:57

Hello ladies I love Roses too I have a garden full of roses but my Mum bought me a Gerbera plant which I just put on my kitchen window thinking it wont reflower as they are very difficult to keep but it has now reflowered three times I am really chuffed "blows on green fingers" :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jul 2013 21:04

my sweet peas are just coming into bloom - gorgeous
Sweet Williams are out - always remind me of my Dad cos he always grew them
Anemones - my mother's favourites along with freesias

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 3 Jul 2013 21:04

Mersey you have the same favourites as me. <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jul 2013 21:12

Difficult question. I love all flowers and don't really have a favourite. I love roses that have a scent, Sweet peas ditto, Freesias ditto. Yes I like Gerberas and orchids too. Then there are snowdrops and primroses, forgetmenots and irises. I could go on, I did warn you.

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 22:04

Oh Ann perhaps I should have asked which one you "don't" like :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jul 2013 22:06

:-D :-D :-D not over keen on lillies

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 22:08

lol I knew there would be one.

I have some amazing fuschias in a chimney pot in my garden I often look at flowers and wonder how they know what colour to be :-0

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 Jul 2013 22:11

i love violets and daffs :-D

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 22:12

Hello lovely lady <3

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jul 2013 22:15

I love just about all flowers but one of my favourites is livingstone daisies, I love the way they open their little faces to the sun.

ADDED: Musn't forget my night scented stock, not a stunner to look at through the day but the smell at night is lovely.

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 3 Jul 2013 22:20

I had some night scent stock last year I was beautiful infact reading all your posts all flowers are beautiful

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 4 Jul 2013 16:11

i was thinking about this last night and strangely enough I had freesias in my wedding bouquet so I must add them to the list :-D

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jul 2013 16:27

Hi Rach
My favourites are Roses without a doubt.Love almost any flowers but not Lillies.
I have to cut out the stamens if I have any as the scent gives me a right headache.
Is it stamens? The bits with pollen on lol .I'm not that keen on Chrysanthemums either.
I bet your garden is looking lovely now :-D