General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank You.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Jul 2013 18:04

It is with grateful thanks to the bloke in the next street.

His selfish actions with his rotten bar-b -que has caused the whole of this street to shut their windows, as the smell coming from his garden is causing pollution.

He and his gaffawing friends are sitting in the midst of the smoke, downing wine and braying like donkeys.

So thanks for that mate...........................................I don't feel the heat, so I am alright!!!

Sitting here fanning myself with a wet lettuce leaf.

Yes, I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I slip into it very easily.

:-( :-( :-( :-(

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 7 Jul 2013 18:11

No chance of the wind changing direction is there ?

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 7 Jul 2013 18:12

Would you like to borrow my lettuce leaf?

Joeva

Joeva Report 7 Jul 2013 18:18

Cheer yourself up Maddie and play your motown music at full blast !

See if they complain :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Jul 2013 18:21

What are they cooking that smells so bad? BBQs aren't supposed to smoke so much............ unless they have an old-fashioned one that burns wood or coals.

One good thing....... if they keep drinking, they will have hangovers tomorrow, and you won't :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 7 Jul 2013 18:24

oh dear, the joys of sunny days :-|

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Jul 2013 18:58

Hello People,

I can see the donkeys from my window, they are sitting in the middle of the garden in the midst of blue smoke. Enough to get someone to call the Fire Brigade.

I can only think they don't keep their Barbie clean. The amount of smoke pouring forth is ridiculous.

Please do send a fresh lettuce leaf Errol, mine has gawn limp!

I would love to play my music full blast, but I am far too considerate. I may appreciate the finer points, but I don't know that my neighbours agree with me.

No the wind is still blowing towards the backs of our houses, and the twerps are still playing their silly games.

Funnily enough, this is a smoke free zone!!!!!

#silently grinding teeth!#

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Jul 2013 19:28

call the fire brigade :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Jul 2013 19:41

I respect those gorgeous blokes who risk their lives on a daily basis much too much to call them out for a dork!

I just hope he and his friends choke on the smoke!

:-P

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 7 Jul 2013 19:41

MowtownGal,
I sympathise with you, I had washing out and the moron next door lit his bbq same here cloud of smelly smoke, and loud boom boom "music" I was really tempted to call the fire brigade, smoke swirling to his open windows, I closed mine, some people are so b****y inconsiderate.

Payback will be when he's out in garden relaxing, we'll get the mower, strimmer and scarifier out! :-D

GinN

GinN Report 7 Jul 2013 20:16

Mowtowngirl, I agree that barbecues can be a pest. We have a gas one, with a lid, so there's no nasty fumes and smoke.
Nice food, and no problems for the neighbours! :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jul 2013 21:31

We too have a gas one and love barbecued food, but hardly any smoke.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Jul 2013 22:25

I don't wanna laugh, but I just cant help it.

Someone turned on their hose, to water their garden, and 'accidently' managed to water over the brick wall and into the offending garden.

Oh dear, what a shame................................never mind!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Jul 2013 00:35

That's the way to do it lol hope they enjoyed cooling down lol

We have new neighbours two doors up, they moved in to the small bungalow last weekend. There were several cars and a van toing and froing for two days moving things in and such and they must have got straight very quickly. Since then all they have done is sit outside and talk, their visitors park all over the place (and this is a small cul de sac with not much parking except on people's drives).
The neighbour in between enjoys sitting in her garden reading but she hasn't been able to do much of that lately, as the constant chatting is distracting. I wish we had a volume control for them!

Luckily people round this side of the cul de sac don't seem interested in bbqs and o.h. hasn't done one for years,thank heavens. He makes so much mess and I get all the washing up.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 02:39

In summer we bbq maybe 5 nights out of 7!

It's a gas bbq, no smoke.

I make a salad & Himself uses the tongs

:-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 17 Jul 2013 20:56

Oh a special thank you to someone, somewhere in the vicinity, who sat nattering, laughing and generally making a load of noise until 1am this morning.

So.........................no consideration to anyone who had to get up for work, nor for the kids who had to go to school today.

Cheers mates, I presume you slept most of the day!!!

:-P

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 17 Jul 2013 20:59

I think people are getting noisier and far less considerate MTG. There's a family at the bottom of our garden then two houses along, who's children sometimes stay up screaming until after 10 O'clock at night, you'd think they were at the playground. I just wonder if the Mum and dad go out, because if I can hear them, they must :-S

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 17 Jul 2013 21:02

Its the sun that makes them go doooolally tap!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Lynda. Its hot in the City. lol

:-D :-D :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 17 Jul 2013 21:08

I'm working there in a couple of weeks, so keep the sun nice and warm for me please :-D

It's hot here as well, but I ain't moaning, because I love it :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 17 Jul 2013 23:52

Its peculiar isnt it that when we are young and child-bearing most things dont bother us, but when we turn middle age or older, the slightest thing really hits the nerves..........
I agree entirely about the inconsiderate young of today that can walk past a row of houses all with wheelie bins on show and not one of them will take it upon themselves to drop their can, half eaten sandwich, bottle of pop or whatever into these rubbish receptacles but just drop it or toss it into someones front garden..........and as for Mcd's takeaways!!!.
also the late night revellers sitting in their gardens laughing and screaming until early hours of the morning.....