General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bucket List

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 17:16

Do you have one?

:-D

I don't.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 17:17

But my "uckit list is a mile long.

:-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jul 2013 17:18

no, but on my 'bucket' list will be to find out why it's CALLED a 'bucket list'? lol

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 17:20

Because it's a list of thing you want to do before you kick the bucket.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 17:20

wossa bucket list :-S

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jul 2013 17:20

ah lol well that makes sense :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:21

I always thought it was called that because it's things to do before you 'kick the bucket' lol
And I do have one :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 17:22

Lyndi - you gonna go skydiving?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:22

You beat me to it LadyScozz ;-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:23

Hahaha - no way LadyScozz, are you? :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:26

Did you see the film The Bucket List ?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 17:30

No - any good?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:33

I enjoyed it, about 2 guys who meet in hospital while being treated for cancer.
One white and rich, the other black and poor, they end up becoming friends and go off on a 'bucket list' trip of a lifetime.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jul 2013 17:45

No I don't now, I used to have one but knew I would never be able to afford to do the things that were on there. Now I'm too old to do the things that were on there :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 17:47

so, what exactly is a bucket list? :-S

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 18:01

Some of the things were very simple - like seeing my daughter get married.

She is still living with her partner with no sign of getting hitched, but 3 years ago she lost a lot of weight with a slimming club and they put on a Charity Masked Ball with a fashion show by the slimmers. My daughter came out wearing a wedding dress looking stunning and radiant - the radiance due in no small part to the fact she had 2 days earlier found out she was pregnant. If she doesn't get married I can hold that picture in my heart for ever :-)

As she had been told she wouldn't be able to have children they were thrilled, and to hold my grandchild in my arms was another thing on my list so BONUS :-D

Seeing the Northern lights is proving to be a difficult one - they hide when I try ;-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 18:02

Ann, it is a list you make of things you would like to do or achieve before you die :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 18:08

well thank you kindly Lyndi :-D

mastering my hula hoop would be one

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jul 2013 18:11

I have achieved some things on my list. Like Lyndi I have seen both my children married and happy, I have learned to drive (my list was made about 40 years ago) I have sailed through the Panama Canal, learned to speak another language (more out of necessity than choice) but I still can't swim. I have had numerous terrifying lessons but I am frightened of water.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 19:01

I went to Venice - that was one of my "to do things"