General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I also want to say my Farewell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 9 Jul 2013 22:49

My subs aren't up till Aug, So I will be about. but I am not sure if i will stay., after all I have no mothers threads left. I will see how I hurt.

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jul 2013 23:03

No but you may have music threads Uzzi, and sharing them with others will perhaps help you and them? Just reading or posting about 'trivial' stuff, can be a help too...like my best friend who phoned a lot after my mum died, we talked about all sorts of random subjects lol, but it 'lifted' me when I needed it most.

take care whatever you decide to do, short or long term :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Jul 2013 23:08

Grabs Uzzi by the earlobe....your not going anywhere....

Just take some time out ....... <3 <3

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 9 Jul 2013 23:38

Uzzi please can you start a new thread on your new house. On any alterations you may make and how you and your OH settle in. I love your threads and I am looking forward to the next one xx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jul 2013 23:43

Uzzi.
Please think twice about letting your subs run out,
You will certainly be missed.

Take time out for your self to adjust to what has happened and then comeback if you feel like it but Don't let your subs run out.(you may have to pay twice as much if you decide to renew.)

I hope you are feeling better in yourself.

Hugs and <3 <3

Susan

Susan Report 10 Jul 2013 05:11

I don't really know you Uzzi,but I hope you decide to stay,I lost my Mother 32 years

ago..... miss her everyday but I found talking to her as if she was still around helped me .

They never really leave us you know <3 :-D

Suex

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2013 06:46

Hey Uzzi, don't you dare disappear! We will want to know how the mutts are doing and how you find the new neighbourhood, I am sure there will be some funny stories to tell about your neighbours and such and if not, your hubby can pass on stories from his place of work, bet he sees some sights lol

Take your time but don't go completely, we care about you and will want to know how things are going. You will have many difficult days but don't hold stuff in, come here and talk to us and let us help you through your dark times.

love and hugs

Lizxx

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 10 Jul 2013 09:11

Hey you cant go - I have not met you yet !! I am not that scarey - honest.

It is a sad time for you - I kow - been there and bought the t shirt - my mom is always in my thoughts and my mind gets mixed up too and I do not add on here much but I do read threads and know that if I need to offload, let of steam or whatever someone on here will answer me and help me out.

Just take time and get through one day at a time and I am sure it will get better in time,

Take care
Love and hugs
Mary xx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 10 Jul 2013 09:44

Please think about it Uzzi...the way you write is brilliant....STAY STAY STAY...OK??

love jude xx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Jul 2013 11:21

uzzi maybe time now for some

uzzi threads :-D :-D

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 10 Jul 2013 12:05

Uzzi, I think you should write a book about your life in the sun - have read loads of your threads, you have such a wonderful way with words, and you have loads of material already!! You could dedicate it to your mum :-) xx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jul 2013 12:09

don't you dare be leaving Uzzi - we will not allow it :-D <3

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 10 Jul 2013 18:41

Uzzi.I would be sad to see you go, but I understand you are feeling raw at the moment.

In hindsight, I regret not posting on here when Mum first died, I am sure the awful numbing emptiness would have been helped by the unselfish and genuine kindness we can all find on here in times of need.

Whatever you decide Uzzi, be kind to yourself and take my best wishes and cyber hugs in the meantime. <3 <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Jul 2013 12:10

Hope you still thinking about it??

jude xx

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 12 Jul 2013 12:34

Me too !!!
Love Mary xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jul 2013 12:50

Just take time out Uzzi. You can see we don't want to lose you. <3