General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sweltering Fred

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jul 2013 22:35

Today, as we all know, was Sausage Sandwich Day.

Having had his hair cut, done his shopping and eaten his sausage sandwich, Fred came back home on the bus. As it was hot and he had been busy I foolishly expected him to want to lie on the bed for a bit.

Silly me, he wanted to go out again so I had quickly to think up an errand for him.

A woman in the village had promised me a herb bush and Fred had been to get it yesterday but missed her because she had nipped out when he got there. Fred insisted I should telephone the woman to be sure she would be there for him.

She was at home and said she would be there when he arrived but wondered if I didn't think it was too hot for him to be going out.

Well, yes, probably, but what the hell does it matter what I think/

michael2

michael2 Report 17 Jul 2013 22:38

do hope he had a hat on when he went out the sun is hot on yer head.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jul 2013 22:41

he sure is a little tinker :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 17 Jul 2013 22:42

Fred knows best or thinks he does. :-D Hope he got home safely with the herb bush.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jul 2013 22:42

Oh yes, we had already had the hat search because he had put his baseball cap in the wrong place yesterday and no other baseball cap was suitable.

michael2

michael2 Report 17 Jul 2013 22:49

good for him. :-) :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jul 2013 05:56

He's determined, will say that for him!

Lesser mortals would give in in this heat!

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jul 2013 16:43

He's been out again today.

Off to the church hall for our lunch. The table cloths have already been washed and he is now up the garden with his mate putting them on the line.

I am just lying here in a limp heap.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Jul 2013 16:48

Good for Fred,,

He would make someone a good wife errrrrrrrrr sorry hubby...LOL :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 18 Jul 2013 16:52

My MIL is still single, Fred! :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jul 2013 16:58

I have been trying to get him married off for some time and he does come with vegetables!

Every Harvest Festival he has a bag of veg delivered to him.

GinN

GinN Report 18 Jul 2013 17:04

Well, my MIL is a country lass, and loves her veggies. Could be a match!

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jul 2013 17:06

Could be a load off my mind!

He is also promised to the mother of one of the receptionists at the surgery. We just hope they don't go in for a baby.

As he doesn't know about either I suppose it would be alright for him to have several wives.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 18 Jul 2013 17:07

Sharron ...who is Fred

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jul 2013 17:18

I hope others will explain to you. They will do it better than I.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Jul 2013 17:21

Fred is the main man Nolls :-D

Sharron, tell Fred his Villa is ready for him, but please tell him, not to have his music up too loud, like he usually does, as Cliff Richard has bought the next Villa to me, and he likes a bit of quiet, does Cliffy :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 18 Jul 2013 17:28

oh Nolly stick around and you will be inspired at the exploits of dear Fred........

:-D :-D.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 18 Jul 2013 18:44

Fred, although he probably doesn't know it, brings a spot of light relief and laughter to the Chat Board. He pops up almost daily by kind permission of Sharron.