General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mass immigration...

Page 0 + 1 of 8

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 21:25

Are you for Mass immigration or against it ?? Germany has warned the U.K about the next wave to come to this country... for they are having massive problems, but we do nothing! Madness! What's your view... ?

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 21:26

Who's coming then?

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 21:27

First thing we must do is come out of the EU...!!! Not in two or three years time, but NOW!

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 21:32

Lynda, if you don't know by now... you will never know! lol Mind you, you will soon find out next year...

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 21:33

Is it a secret, why don't I know then?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 Jul 2013 21:37

You're too young Lynda to know about such things,,,,,

If we can support them and they support the country in return I dont see a problem,,,,,,but housing is alway difficult and causes such bad feelings,

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 21:39

I know i am very young Kay, but I'd still like to know who's going to invade, just so I can prepare myself, for whatever it is that will change my life :-S

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 21:46

So, who is it that will invade, I really would like to know? :-S

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 21:48

I can see your in a playful, cunning mood Lynda. :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 21:50

I'm always playful G :-D

But I'd seriously like to know who it is that Germany has said will "invade" us.

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 21:52

Labour were very cunning too! But at the end of the day... they knew very well what they were up to: soooooooooooo much to gain, especially VOTES!!! Their crafty plan nearly worked! Shame it took both the Conservatives and Lib dems to get rid of them!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 Jul 2013 21:54

is it spacemen or aliens

i just love ET
everybody should have one <3 <3

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 21:56

Looks like your not going to tell me who it is then G, never mind, I'm not one to worry about things, that may not happen, but if it does, I like other cultures, so hopefully whoever it is that will invade, it'll be a culture I like and know already, or a new one that I will get to like :-D

If it is alien, that'll be a new one then Joy, hope they are friendly :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 21:58

Is it now a fact, that we are now one of the most overcrowded countries in Europe, I wonder why that is ? Nothing to do with Labour's open door Mass immigration policy was it ?

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 22:00

Lynda, best wait until next year now... and perhaps watch the news, and buy a newspaper or two ? Or check online... :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Jul 2013 22:07

I do watch the news, and listen to it, and I also buy newspapers, but if you put a thread up telling me something, it'd be a good idea to actually say what race you are talking about who will invade, after all you could be talking about one race, I could think you are talking about another.

What is wrong with naming the the race of those supposedly going to invade us, that Germany has told us will?

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 19 Jul 2013 22:15

GHeather your comments are absolutely spot on and I agree totally.

Lynda - I do believe it was you who first used the term "invade"

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 22:20

Lynda, we are ALL suppose to come from Africa (yes, ALL races), and settled into various countries around the World... long, long ago...Anyway, let us say many of us from this country moved to Japan, what would they think of their country, their culture/way of life ??? Would it stay Japanese, or become a sort of Britishanese type country ?? Do you think that would be right, would they be happy ?? I don't think the Japanese would ever allow that to happen in the first place!

GHeather

GHeather Report 19 Jul 2013 22:24

Am I right in saying that Ed M recently said, 'He gets it', regarding Mass immigration ? I wonder why he said that, if Labour's policy was so right ? He didn't seem to speak out at the time Labour were doing their open door Mass immigration policy, did he!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jul 2013 22:27

In 2014, the citizens of Romania and Bulgaria will have equal rights to travel and work in the rest of the EU. There have been restrictions in place since their countries joined the EU 7 years ago.

Different TV programmes have suggested various outcomes pertinent to the UK
- only the educated will want to find work in the UK
- the less savoury members of those countries will see the UK as new territory in which to undertake criminal activity.
- Because they are EU citizens, they will be entitled to the same welfare benefits as those who have paid into this system.
- They would prefer to travel to other EU countries with the UK as a last resort.

I've no objection to the free movement of people from one country to another as long as they don't congregate in one area, try to adapt to the culture of the country and are law abiding citizens who wish to contribute to our economy.