General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding a burial record

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 15:59

Hi. Could any one give me some advise on how I can find a grave in Wales please.

Thank you

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jul 2013 16:19

Do you mean you are looking for the place of death? Or have you got the death cert, know where the person died and are looking for the place of burial?

Do you know the date of death?

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 17:26

Hi yes. I have the death certificate and I know he is buried in South Wales but its the place of burial im trying to find

Linda

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Jul 2013 17:29

If you know where he lived & died then try the local council - I think it is usually 'Parks & Cemeteries'

I believe that not every district is helpful but is worth a try.

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 18:08

Ok thank you will give that a try.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 18:16

If you would like to give some info on the person, like when and where he died, where he lived if died away from home,and his name maybe someone could try and turn something up.??
Was he Chapel or church...??

South Wales is a fairly large area really..

I noted the other day that there are a lot of burials added for the Llanelli area...But where I can not remember right now....Going off to look.

Fans

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 18:36

Hi FannyByGaslight.

He live in in New Tredegar Bedwellty and died in Bedwellty The death was registered in Monmouth South Wales. His name was Henry George Whale and he died 17th May 1933 aged 37. I do know it was a church, where Harry Seacome's brother was vicar, but that's all I know, so any help will be brilliant.

Many thanks

Linda

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 18:40

Fred Secombe.....Read one of his books a short while back....

A curate for all seasons...There are others that list all his churches...Must be on google somewhere...Will look...You going to look too??

You do mean he was buried in the church???
Well....Churchyard anyway...:D

Fans

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 18:44

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Secombe

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 18:53

Yes sorry he was buried in the church yard. Have looked but it gives a list of churches, so wasn't sure if there was somewhere else to look to find it

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 18:56

Going to ask someone I know who will prob find which churches in Wales he served in as I cant find the list,what with her being very much of the faith and up on these things......

Cynthiaaaaaaaaaaaa???

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 19:01

That reply to my message was a rather "off"reply for someone of the faith Cynf.....Tuts....
Shame on you..!

Go on ...give us some help here please :-(

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Jul 2013 19:04

You nearly deafened me with your yelling........yeah......even all the way from Welsh Wales you daft bat.

I will see what I can do...................but have a couple of other things on the go at the mo.....

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 19:07

Well turn em orf and get on with this..!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Jul 2013 19:25

YES SIR!

Hello Linda,

Rev. Fred Secombe was vicar of St. Peter's Church, Cockett, Swansea. I think their records are in the local archives in Glamorgan but the church does have rather a good website so it maybe worth contacting them first.

http://www.cockettparish.org.uk/home.htm

Good luck. Cx

Fans? Go away now..........go on.....back to the belfry with you...>>>>>>>>>>>>

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 19:47

Thank you both so much im very grateful and hope you are both still friends lol x

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 20 Jul 2013 19:53

Us friends????You MUST be joking....I just puts up with the old Baggage ,but she does have her uses for "Church"stuff at times... ;-)

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Jul 2013 20:22

Friends? hahahahahahaaa.........I don't even like bats! And boy, is Fans bats!!

:-D

LindaW

LindaW Report 20 Jul 2013 20:59

Ha ha love it you two, thsts what keeps stressed out peeps laughing x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Jul 2013 22:09

Stressed out? Looks round..........nope, no one is stressed out round here.

Spoke too soon.........there's steam rising from that belfry in Wales I see....silly old bat she is........fancy getting stressed at her age ;-)