General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Groups or singers you'd almost forgotten about ...

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 20 Jul 2013 20:59

Until you heard them again.........................................................

Just heard Sam & Dave on the TV singing Soothe Me, loved that record, took me back to my teens, such fun days :-D

Who had you forgotten, that's until you remembered them :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jul 2013 21:00

alma cogan and slim whitman

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 20 Jul 2013 21:02

The Pretenders

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jul 2013 21:03

my hero david cassidy
but i could never forget him <3 <3

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 20 Jul 2013 21:05

Showing your age there Joy :-D

Another blast from the past.. Helen Shapiro, singing Walkin' Back to Happiness., with the ..woopah oh yeah yeah, don't write them like that anymore thank gawd :-D

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 20 Jul 2013 21:09

This evening in an American style diner I heard Kissing and a Hugging with Fred, I hadn't that for years, so for me it has to be Paul Evans and the Curls :-D :-D :-D

Edit my eldest sister had the record, not me :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jul 2013 21:12

Boots - Nancy Sinatra - and I just love The Ray Conniff singers

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 20 Jul 2013 21:21

I've been having a think, and these are some of my favourites.. I reckon I could sing a long to most of these, amazing you can remember lyrics, but not what you did last week :-D

Otis Reading
Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
Four Tops
Sam Cooke
Frank Sinatra
Marvin Gaye
Al Green
The Temptations
Ray Charles
Isley Brothers
Walker Brothers
the Drifters
Small Faces
Desmond Dekker
Ike & Tina Turner

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 20 Jul 2013 21:25

Unlike you Lynda I can remember, thankfully.

How about...

Sham 69?

Great band

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 20 Jul 2013 21:27

Lesley I've just read you edited post, you sure it was your sisters :-D :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 20 Jul 2013 21:28

love the temptations,
the carpenters,
westlife, were did they go lol

jax

jax Report 20 Jul 2013 21:28

I love old 60s and 50s music and have seen a few over the years, mostly after they have been famous

I have only seen two out of the above list and at the height of their fame, Walker Bros and Small faces and they appeared together at Romford ABC tickets 10s :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 20 Jul 2013 21:28

the original drifter where amazing, the current ones, treat my littleman so well when we met them, ill never ever forget them, plus new band member pierrer is so scrummy!!!1

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 20 Jul 2013 21:31

Hi Lynda I was going through my vinyl recently and I found the album from the first fairwell concert of Fairport Convention in Croprady (sp) which my mum took my brother and I too I was 9 and we sat in a field all night listening to them it was awesome
Rachx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jul 2013 21:35

go for meal in Frankie and Benny's - that's all they play - 50s and 60s - I just love it and their food is good too - went their last Tuesdsy evening, singing along when my pal said, shush, don't let everyone know that we know ALL the words!!! :-D

the only thing I don't like there is that if it's someone's birthday, they dim the lights, bring in the cake to Cliff Richard singing Congratulations - can't stand him

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 20 Jul 2013 21:37

aw Ann mum loves it when were dining there and its someones birthday haha,

GinN

GinN Report 20 Jul 2013 21:38

Ooh! Manfred Mann! Saw them in Kings Lynn last November, and that scrummy Paul Jones hasn't changed a bit - and I was in the front row! :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jul 2013 21:39

and The Kinks - Dedicated follower of Fashion and Waterloo Sunset

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jul 2013 21:40

House of the Rising Sun - The Animals

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 20 Jul 2013 21:41

All this reminiscing, love it:-D

I've seen Ike & Tina Turner and The Small Faces, hubby has seen loads, he used to frequent The Marquee club, he was friends with some of the groups. I didn't put Rod Stewart on the list, but really like him, then and now, saw him a couple of years back at Hyde Park with Stevie Nicks and Ronnie Wood, they were terrific, Rod really appreciates his audience, I absolutely loved it.

I also saw Take That with my Daughter and Grandson, he goes to lots of concerts with his Mum, he's a drummer, and he's gonna be big one day, watch this space :-D