General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E-mail from GR .....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry_

Barry_ Report 22 Jul 2013 23:52

''Have you thought about sharing your family tree with other Genes Reunited members, and asking them to share their trees with you?"

Answer: "For ten years"

Oh, if only GR will check and sort things that really are lacking and need immediate overhaul.

E.g. make sure when a member contributes to another's thread and then deletes it that the thread notification disappears from 'my threads'.

At present only threads originated by a person are completely deleted - not the contribution to another member's. Very wasteful and frustrating.

Anyone else have a beef / beefs?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2013 03:19

A new beef!!

I have access to hundreds of other trees.

I wanted to look at a particular tree..... open my GR tree....... looked at the list of other trees....... the list begins with Adam Somebody......... typed the first name of the person's tree I want to look at, and got this message:

You haven't got any shared trees yet. Get in contact with somebody else using the Genes Reunited Contact Centre and ask for access to view their tree.

A message to GR will be next on my list.

:-P