General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E-mail from GR .....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry_

Barry_ Report 22 Jul 2013 23:52

''Have you thought about sharing your family tree with other Genes Reunited members, and asking them to share their trees with you?"

Answer: "For ten years"

Oh, if only GR will check and sort things that really are lacking and need immediate overhaul.

E.g. make sure when a member contributes to another's thread and then deletes it that the thread notification disappears from 'my threads'.

At present only threads originated by a person are completely deleted - not the contribution to another member's. Very wasteful and frustrating.

Anyone else have a beef / beefs?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2013 03:19

A new beef!!

I have access to hundreds of other trees.

I wanted to look at a particular tree..... open my GR tree....... looked at the list of other trees....... the list begins with Adam Somebody......... typed the first name of the person's tree I want to look at, and got this message:

You haven't got any shared trees yet. Get in contact with somebody else using the Genes Reunited Contact Centre and ask for access to view their tree.

A message to GR will be next on my list.

:-P