General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kates parents have been to see the new baby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jul 2013 16:05

Carole & Michael Middleton have visited their daughter and new grandson.

How lovely. I do hope that Carole & hubby will be kept in the loop with the new baby . he may be a future King but he is still their grandson

I do hope the royal family will keep them included BUT i cant see Kate letting them be excluded either

Janet

Janet Report 23 Jul 2013 16:18

I think it is right and proper that they should be the first one's in to see him :o)

I wouldn't have dreamed of letting my in laws see my babies before my own parents .................whoever they were

J

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Jul 2013 16:51

And I am getting a right hump at Kay Burley refering to Charles and Camilia as the *****other grandparents*****,

its so so wrong.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jul 2013 16:55

When our daughter was born in 1958 it was hubbys only visiting for a half hour in the evenings.or mum if the mum was a single mum

My OH was a shift worker and during the compulsory 10 day stay after the birth he did three 2-10 shifts so wasnt able to visit.

After one night with no visitors I was a bit low as the others girls all had someone. My mum tho wasnt having that and she sent my dad up to visit me. he had a tussle to get in even though technically it was two visitors . My was I surprised to see my dad and was so happy to see him with all the well wishes from mum and the family . even bought the usual fruit bag in .

My Dad was usually the quiet one . we knew he was there AND if we had displeased mum her "I am telling Dad when he gets in " was a OH NO . he would call you too one side and say whats this mum is telling me , would listen to your explanation and then say I am not happy , dont let it happen again. That was a big Sorry dad I have let you down so him visiting me was so warming .

He held our daughter. his second grandchild and the look on his face was priceless. he was so overwhelmed that this was his baby that he cried , bless him

Lovely memories

I do hope Kate's parents get some happy times too

Linda

Linda Report 23 Jul 2013 17:00

I wonder when grandpa Charles will see the new Prince, I heard on sky news that she going to spend a few days in wales, and where is Uncle Harry?

by the way I do love the royals

Janet

Janet Report 23 Jul 2013 17:49

Charles has showed up now

J

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Jul 2013 17:55

Well Charles has a reputation for not liking small children with the result that Camilla keeps her own house near Highgrove where her g.children can visit and play.

So wonder what will happen when new baby is a toddler - why can't he just do what we common g.parents do. Either move our precious objects up higher or put them away for a few years.

He won't even have to do it - just tell his servants. OR will it be different because it is his own?????

Janet

Janet Report 23 Jul 2013 18:00

He will be like most small children and have one set of grandparents he prefers because they are more fun.................. no prizes for who they might be :o)

Linda

Linda Report 23 Jul 2013 18:36

Though Charles might surprise everyone, after all I think we all change when we become grandparents. I agree the Middleton's will make wonderfull grandparents I can see her now at the kitchen table making cakes with the little prince and granddad dressing up at Christmas lucky lucky little boy