General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Splendour ......... in the mud?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Jul 2013 12:38

There's a festival this weekend, about 10 kilometres north of us.

It's raining, and rain is expected for most of the weekend.

Thousands expected to attend, and most of them will be living in tents.

The real name of the festival is "Splendour in the Grass".

The fields it's being held in are lower than the road....... if the rain keeps up the it will be "Splendour in the Rice Paddy"

It starts tomorrow (Friday)....... I hope we don't hear it!!

:-S

Potty

Potty Report 25 Jul 2013 13:14

Scozz, this is the first year for ages that the major music festivals in the UK will have been mud-free. The problems this year have been sunburn and heat-stroke!

Is it fairly flat in your area? If so, you will probably not hear it but if there are hills around, you probably will. We stayed on a campsite in the Scotland years ago and wondered what the noise was that we heard all evening. The next day we discovered that there had been a concert on Loch Lomond shore, which was a least 10 miles away and on the other side of a quite a high ridge. So, sound travels!

The band playing was the Scottish group, Runrig, of which we later became fans.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Jul 2013 02:56

Ooooh, I'm a big fan of Runrig, have a few of their cd's (my favourite is the Live one from Glasgow).

There's a pub in the next town to us, across the river. They have live bands on weekend nights, and sometimes it's so loud! Sound travels across water. I don't expect the festival to be as loud as the pub!

I was at the supermarket yesterday, and had to laugh. The staff were encouraged to dress up as "hippies". I thought they were going to a fancy dress party. I don't remember any hippies in the 60s looking like that!

We're not leaving town over the weekend, I expect the main roads to be very busy...... but we have to go north on Monday, I hope the traffic has calmed down by then.

It's almost mid-day (Friday), and I haven't heard any noise.

Yet.

:-)

Potty

Potty Report 26 Jul 2013 12:31

Saturday night will probably be the noisiest!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Jul 2013 11:45

Didn't hear a thing all weekend, but we haven't yet seen our friends who live on the north side of town, they probably got their ears blasted.

If you have four minutes to spare ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYSZG34Nns

That's some of the festival.... did you spot me?

:-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Jul 2013 11:47

arrrrrgh!

I posted the message (above) and got Error Message.

Went back, clicked submit again......... watched the blue line....... it worked......but was posted TWICE!

Obviously I removed the extra one.

Who is messing??? STOP IT!!

:-P