General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Going to London during the summer?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 25 Jul 2013 21:21

Saturday 27th July It's a year since the opening of the London Olympics, and from that date there will be Team London Ambassadors dotted around London, offering assistance, with directions, or to let you know what's going on around Town, or just if you need help of any kind

There's lots going on around London, during the Summer, for instance ......

Big Busk On Street entertainment ..27th July- 10 August at various Locations

Prudential Ride London..3rd August 100 mile charity race Central London. roads closed.& 4th August London Surrey Classics starts Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park at 12.45, finishes on The Mall

Lot's of Festivals for adults & children, Film 4 at Somerset House, throughout August, so much to do.

These sites will give you more info...

www.visitthecity.co.uk

www.visitlondon.com

www.timeout.com/london

www.ianvisits.co.uk

www.londonist.com

Look forward to seeing you :-D

Joeva

Joeva Report 26 Jul 2013 21:46

Just thought I would nudge this up for Lynda.

The London Anniversary Games , live on BBC tonight and tomorrow. Plus 'director's cut version' of opening ceremony on BBC3 tomorrow at 7pm. :-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 29 Jul 2013 21:32

Thanks for the nudge Jo :-D

Another nudge for anyone visiting London in the summer hols :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 29 Jul 2013 22:02

oh this is interesting as we will be visitng london during the summer holidays :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 30 Jul 2013 23:47

Thanks Lynda for all the info, very helpful.
There doesn't seem to be a website for where to get fish paste sarnies. What will I 'ave fer me lunch?? :-0