General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Games shows on TV...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 30 Jul 2013 21:47

I'm interested to know what you think about Game Shows on TV... Do you find some of them good, interesting and enjoying to watch, or perhaps you find them a waste of time ?? Also, what Game Shows did you like from the past... and what would you like to see brought back... ??

GHeather

GHeather Report 30 Jul 2013 21:53

'BULLSEYE' what a laugh that was! Bit naff, but funny to watch! :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 30 Jul 2013 23:29

I'm not a great fan of game shows.
Remember "Bernie, the bolt" in the Golden Shot...now there's a blast from the past :-S Perhaps that's what put me off game shows!!

GHeather

GHeather Report 31 Jul 2013 00:15

I can't really be bothered with Games Shows, but the Lottery one is not bad, where you are given a question, with three possible answers... Some Game Shows are stupid, silly, and naff!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 31 Jul 2013 00:30

Is Eggheads a game show? I love it anyway.

Tipping Point is a favourite that I watch now and again, but still have no idea about the rules. The 3 goes questions seem to be just as easy as the one go and two goes - so why not always take the 3 goes option?

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 31 Jul 2013 00:33

John we heard you the first time :-D

I enjoy watching Pointless.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 31 Jul 2013 00:38

Like John, Like Eggheads and tipping point , BUT wont say it more than once LOL :-D
Like pointless too.

Don't really like deal or no deal. Or are you smarter than 10 year old

Liz

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 31 Jul 2013 00:45

Can't bear 'Egg Heads' , way too smug! But I do like 'Pointless' :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 31 Jul 2013 00:45

First time I have been hit by this dreaded error message. Have left my post in triplicate (rather than octicate) otherwise funnies after my post won't make any sense.

Having a chuckle now - but how frustrating is GR becoming :-(

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 31 Jul 2013 08:03

I dont like pointless or Open the box thing but I really enjoy the chase coz I can answer the questions on that ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 31 Jul 2013 08:51

I like pointless, but why oh why does he HAVE to repeat everything, before the Cylinder? starts.
"leaning left elbow on rostrum with a half glance at camera"...........LOL

and what will you do with the money? IF you win it....."

I realise that new viewers need to know whats going on, BUT it DOES seem pointless to repeat things all the time, unless its to "pad" out the show time.........

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jul 2013 08:52

Eggheads is the only one I watch - Family Fortunes is hysterical on the odd occasion I've looked at it - particularly liked the one where the question was "name a dangerous race" and this thick woman said "Arabs"!!!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 31 Jul 2013 09:40

What was top answer, Ann? Not so easy when you are under pressure. Americans would be my first thought :-S Then Gurkhas :-)

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 31 Jul 2013 10:19

My answer would be The Human one :-D

I think the running down the hill chasing cheese one looks a bit dangerous as well :-)

GinN

GinN Report 31 Jul 2013 11:27

I like The Chase. I'm usually making our dinner while it's on so I don't have to watch the screen. Am I alone in thinking that Mark is quite a fanciable hunk? ;-)

I'm getting tired of Deal Or No Deal, it's gone on for too long now.

I love Countdown, it's my daily brain workout! :-D

Robert

Robert Report 31 Jul 2013 11:42

Deal or No Deal has gone downhill and I would say 40 minutes is long enough.

Family Fortunes is now about Vernon Kay -who is NOT funny- and is no longer about the Contestants.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 31 Jul 2013 13:08

never understood deal or no deal, even though it was explained to me!!

Merlin

Merlin Report 31 Jul 2013 13:57

I like Univerity Challenge, the rest are, to me a PITA. :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 Jul 2013 14:45

Have I Got News for You
Mock the Week
Never Mind the Buzzcocks
Would I Lie to You?

are all very funny though nobody wins anything.

The best panel game is on radio -
Radio4 "Sorry I Haven't A Clue / Mornington Crescent"

I tried to program the rules of DOND into a computer in an effort to find out how the banker works out his odds. However the machine kept crashing so I gave up. OTOH my mother ( > 90 ) understands it perfectly well.

;-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 Jul 2013 14:49

I think there is a distinct difference between Game Shows (which I loathe) and Quiz Shows (which I enjoy)

My favourite Quiz show is Only Connect. Tricky questions there.....