General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DR.WHO came back... So, what else ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 30 Jul 2013 21:49

Dr.WHO made a very successful comeback, what other programmes would you like to see brought back... ?

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 30 Jul 2013 22:53

Sorry! I'm at the age I Can't Remember What I Saw Yesterday ....never mind years ago :-D :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 31 Jul 2013 00:12

There are quite a few interesting programmes I wouldn't mind seeing back on telly, but can't think of their names... ?

GHeather

GHeather Report 31 Jul 2013 18:36

Colditz the 1970's series was quite good! I wouldn't mind seeing that back on TV, for others to watch... however, I've ordered the complete collection (DVDs), love war escape type stuff! Not something you can update like Dr.Who really, but still interesting to watch! :-D You can now buy the Complete Collection 10 DVDs for 29.99 (£30 pounds), pretty good price, remember your getting the whole series! :-D

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 31 Jul 2013 19:27

Colditz was on Freeview about a year ago

GHeather

GHeather Report 31 Jul 2013 23:24

Ok Nolls thanks for the info. :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 4 Aug 2013 16:28

That Colditz series is very good, I thought it was in black & white, but in colour, watched the first DVD, and it's brill! Well worth a buy! :-D

KenSE

KenSE Report 4 Aug 2013 16:54

I would like to see some decent new programmes made that are suitable for viewing by the older generation - not the dumbed down stuff we are given these days.

Don't bring back new versions of old programmes they usually just remind you how good the old versions were.

GHeather

GHeather Report 4 Aug 2013 20:59

What do you think of the new Dr.Who ? I liked the older ones best, the camera man can't control the camera, keeps moving it about all over the place... So, don't bother watching it anymore!

GHeather

GHeather Report 8 Aug 2013 22:01

Does anyone know if the 'Colditz' series was actually filmed there... I think it was, but would like to be 100% sure. Watched another part of this series the other day... very good! Sooooooooo many escape plans going on, great! :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 8 Aug 2013 23:43

I found out that some of the filming for Colditz was done in a Castle in Scotland, probably one called: Stirling Castle. Also, the person/s who did Colditz did the series: the secret army.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 9 Aug 2013 06:27

I love Dr Who - all of the doctors have brought something new to the series. Some of the recent ones have been the best ever. The Weeping Angels were an excellent concept.

My favourite Dr was Jon Pertwee, although Christopher Eccleston came close. The only one I didn't like was Sylvester McCoy.

A series I wish would come back is Babylon 5.

GHeather

GHeather Report 9 Aug 2013 16:37

I agree about Jon Pertwee, a great Dr.Who, probably the best one! :-D I think this new Dr.Who has a Jon sort of look, and some people don't like him as the new Dr.Who because of his age. However, I think he will turn out to be very good, anyway, about time we had a older Doctor... Seems to fit better! Also, I may start to watch them again... :-D :-D

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 10 Aug 2013 23:08

Dear GHeather

Hello

This series could be updated:

"Adam Adamant Lives!" starring Gerald Harper in the title role.
It was broadcast from 1966 to 1967 on the BBC.

Proposing that an adventurer born in 1867 had been revived from hibernation in 1966, the show was a comedy adventure that took a satirical look at life in the 1960s through the eyes of an Edwardian.

Adam is a swashbuckling Victorian gentleman adventurer who, in 1902,
goes to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend Louise, but is lured into a trap whereupon he is captured and condemned to be frozen forever in a block of ice
by his arch-nemesis, the Face, whose identity is concealed behind a leather mask and who speaks in a sinister whispering voice.

The Face grants his helpless prisoner one last request, and Adam asks to see Louise. But in his last moments of life before being frozen, Adam learns to his horror that Louise had faked her kidnapping and had been working for the Face all along.

Adam is found in 1966, when a building is being knocked down, and is rescued by Georgina Jones, played by Juliet Harmer.

Together, they solve many crimes in the swinging 60's.

This TV series is available on DVD.

Well worth watching.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Aug 2013 07:12

'Crossroads' with all the original cast - dead or alive.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 Aug 2013 08:29

How could you tell which was which, Dermot?

GHeather

GHeather Report 11 Aug 2013 09:59

Interesting, some good ideas here... :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Aug 2013 11:43

I have found that revisiting favourite programmes from years ago is sometimes a let down, as they haven't stood the test of time.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the series' Tenko, All Creatures Great and Small, Dallas and now Knots Landing.

I would like to see a return of A Family At War- about the Ashton Family in Liverpool.

oh- and I recently went down nostalgia lane and watched one of my childhood favourites on-line- Mr. Ed- The Talking Horse!!! :-D :-D :-D