General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Great Grandmothers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 31 Jul 2013 13:09

My MIL will be a great great grandmother in December. My own grandmother became one in 1995 when my grandson was born. This seems to happen more often these days, as people are living longer. I only met one great grandmother, who died when I was 6.
Anyone else got a great great grandparent in your family?

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 31 Jul 2013 13:16

How wonderful and exciting, make sure you get photos of all the generations together:)

I had 1 great grandfather who died when I was 14, he was a real character too, as I found out when I started my research :-D

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 31 Jul 2013 13:31

I never knew my greats...but my mother was great great to 2 of my great grandchildren.they were only 3 and 1 when she died ,so probably don't remember ,but I have a photo of my mothers 90th with the 5 female generations.
Im now top of the list with a grandchild expected in a couple of weeks....and a great grandchild in about 6 weeks .
Can't keep up, 7 yr old birthday today,10 year old last week and 11 year old on 16 th Aug
I could be a g.g. In the next few years ,if Im lucky..not bad seeing I was an only child.
My daughter is the prolific one!
Make sure you take photos of this historic event!

GinN

GinN Report 31 Jul 2013 13:54

I have got a 5 generation photo of my grandmother (though not a very good one). Sadly she died the following year, aged 92, and my grandson, 2 a the time, doesn't remember her.
My MIL is 95, and very fit for her age, so I'm sure she will enjoy her g g grandchild, and there will be lots of photos! :-)