General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rose? Updated: welcome back :-)

Page 0 + 1 of 13

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 13 Aug 2013 21:09

:(

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 13 Aug 2013 21:13

I so hope she hasn´t gone ..she was one of lives genuine people

jax

jax Report 13 Aug 2013 21:14

Account has been deleted :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Aug 2013 21:14

well that is a real shame

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 13 Aug 2013 21:15

I had a letter from her whilst I was working today. Nothing in in box when I looked. Then I realised Rose had disappeared altogether and her letter to me had disappeared.

It could have been a nice letter, it could have been less nice. But I always looked forward to her missives on threads (and very occasionally via pm).

Rose is one person that I think almost everyone will miss a tremendous amount.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Aug 2013 21:15

not sure why she decided to go - did someone upset her?

jax

jax Report 13 Aug 2013 21:17

Give you one guess Ann :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Aug 2013 21:20

ah - gotcha :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Aug 2013 21:20

I didnt think she would actually go...whats happened have I missed something?? :-(

Renes

Renes Report 13 Aug 2013 21:23

GR should be ashamed of themselves ....

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 13 Aug 2013 21:23

Rose will be missed on many levels of GR, To know that somebody drove her to leaving is difficult, I for one will find that so hard. But we have to respect Rose´s decision .

I will miss her and her wisdom. I just hope she comes back

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 13 Aug 2013 21:34

If anyone is interested I have a copy of Rose's last post.

I took the copy because I was sure it would be reported.

She deleted the thread herself.

Rose and I have been friends for a long time. She one of the kindest people I've met on the internet. She's intelligent, well read and a damn good researcher. Worth 100 of the *******s that made her feel she had to leave,

I'm very angry that she felt driven to this by the inaction of GR in dealing with unpleasantness on this and other boards.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Aug 2013 21:37

that really is sad - that she felt she had to go because of the actions of a fellow member - GR really should do something about these nasty disruptive posters
Rose has been on the boards for s long as I can remember and I certainly do not recall her ever causing any unrest

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 13 Aug 2013 21:40

I am sorry she has gone, so many of the nice people form the "Olden days" have gone now

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 13 Aug 2013 21:40

please Guinevere. I know it would have taken a lot to drive Rose off. It must have been hard

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Aug 2013 21:40

Im still flummoxed and havent a clue what has gone on, but for Rose to go is a very sad day on GR........ :-( <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Aug 2013 21:49

It has all been very nasty and,as usual we lost the wrong person from our community. She did say that she was not going to delete her account but just stay off the boards but looks like she changed her mind. She will be so much missed on here.

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 13 Aug 2013 21:50

Yes please Guinevere.

I am very surprised and saddened that Rose has deleted her account :-( :-( :-(

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 13 Aug 2013 21:54

Very sad!! Rose will be missed Ann and I thought she said she would just stay off the boards, Must have been very angry to delete her account.

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 13 Aug 2013 21:56

I'm shocked and sad that Rose left.

After the past few days I've taken a step back from coming on
to the boards a lot.

On the bright side I will still keep in touch with Rose through
the Writers Group :-)

Emma