General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New message boards launched today!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 19 Aug 2013 11:18

Hi everyone today we have launched two new message boards.

Hobbies and Crafts - Maybe you're a knitter? Or perhaps you're a keen gardener? This board is the place for you to discuss your hobbies, share tips and chat with people who like the same things as you.

Military Chat - are you trying to find the military history of one of your ancestors? Do you have a military hero you'd like to tell us about? This is the message board for you.

We hope you enjoy them!

The Genes Team

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Aug 2013 12:17

Good to see them, didn't realise that we could post on this thread so have sent a message to support. You originally said that we were not to post until advised we could. Does this thread mean that the new boards are ready for posts.

will it please be possible to transfer existing threads from gen chat to here? :-)

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 19 Aug 2013 12:43

Hi Ann, yes it does. We've deleted those old posts and added new ones today to let you know they are now ready to use.

We hope you enjoy them!

Island

Island Report 19 Aug 2013 14:14

Genes,

What is your stance on us adding links to craft related web sites and FaceBook sites that inviduals find inspiring and would like to share with like minded members?

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 19 Aug 2013 15:00

oh i think the military is a fab idea, and looking forward to reading peoples memories/stories

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 19 Aug 2013 16:40

Probably explains the problems that people have experienced on the site today such as being involuntarily logged out and getting strange emails from GR.

Nothing against the new message boards or the site expansion but I do wish that GR would concentrate on fixing old (Some very old) site problems before they potentially cause more.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Aug 2013 19:14

I am pleased to read it's not just happening to me Jonesey.

:-( :-( :-(

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Aug 2013 19:49

Its disgraceful !!!! completely agree Jonesy :-|

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Aug 2013 20:47

Why are there always problems when something new is uploaded ?

We don't pay for this kind of service !!

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Aug 2013 22:28

I haven't had any problems at all today, so it isn't happening to every member :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Aug 2013 22:54

"New message boards launched today".............

Should have launched them into the North Sea !!!!!!!

Island

Island Report 19 Aug 2013 22:58

I only kept trying to get in to say I can't get in!

Put a bob in the meter!

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Aug 2013 23:24

You're in Island...........now can you get out ?.......... :-S

Island

Island Report 20 Aug 2013 00:13

getting out is easy Mr M but guess what?

I've only just got in again. :-0 :-|

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 20 Aug 2013 09:05

I had to login, not a happy bunny. I agree with Jonesey - sort the site first before mucking it up again.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 20 Aug 2013 13:11

As I have stated on my thread, this is actually costing some members money.

One would think that, as with other sites, the courteous and decent thing to do would be for GR to post a message acknowledging that they have problems and explaining what they are doing, with an apology. At the very least!

There have been a number of problems for a great many members for some time now (I know because I have the emails from many detailing the fated "error message" to prove it).
Those problems were compounded yesterday and the worsening situation coincided with the introduction of the new boards.
Pages not loading, server timeout errors, multiple postings etc etc

We pay for this service, in advance. If I buy a bus ticket I do not expect the bus to stay in first gear and then drop me off halfway before my destination.

For those members finding that they need to keep signing in, make sure that you accept the site cookies and the problem should resolve itself. Cookies are used to tell your computer that you are using a website which needs a password and help it "remember" to prevent keep having to sign back in.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 20 Aug 2013 19:49

I must have executive membership, because I'm having no problems at all :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Aug 2013 20:04

You are very privileged Lynda :-|

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Aug 2013 20:48

It is beyond ridiculous!!

:-| :-| :-|

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Aug 2013 20:48