General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Burrowers Chris Packham 9pm BBC 2..........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 20:12

.....tonight:))......Brilliant last week.
Did anyone else watch it and would you think its ok for a 7yr old??

jude :-)

Jane

Jane Report 23 Aug 2013 20:17

I watched it Jude .Yes Brilliant.If tonights is like last week I think a 7 yr old would love it :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 20:20

Hello Jane...hows you??

Yes thats what l thought, l suggested daughter records it, she was asking as its on at 9pm.....thank you:)

jude x

Jane

Jane Report 23 Aug 2013 20:34

I'm fine thanks Jude .Hope you are too :-D OH and I were totally glued to the programme last week.Just thought it was blooming amazing.I think any young child would love seeing the lives of the Bunny Wabbits and Badgers etc underground. :-D :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 20:37

Yeh pleased to read you are good:)

l think g/daughter will love it too:) Vic and l can't wait for 9pm now:)

jude :-D :-D,,,,,wabbits teeth:)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Aug 2013 04:32

I missed it this week as o.h. wanted to watch something else and I was recording a different programme.
I loved the first one, so hopefully they will repeat this week's episode or I will have to watch it online.

Lizx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 24 Aug 2013 20:14

Liz...do you have iplayer, is it on there??

jude x

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Aug 2013 21:21

We enjoyed it but I have to giggle at 'watching the wabbits in the wawwens'

*slaps self*

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Aug 2013 20:54

Ignore his speech impediment........

The last one tonight :)))

jude x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 30 Aug 2013 22:34

Don't know about young children but two oldies here have been fascinated by it!

Felt so sorry for the doe - she has just about finished birthing when the buck pounces on her - poor girl.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Aug 2013 07:10

Chris, apparently she makes a noise to encourage the buck, I think they got it wrong and she was 'saying' Sod off! lol Seems a bit soon.

I was fascinated by the programme and I think it would be great to show in schools - even young children could learn a lot from it and the biology (reproduction) part explained to them later. It was a wonderful idea to create the views into the burrows etc.

Sad that one of the badgers got tb so had to be put to sleep, I hope it wasn't Bramble.

Lizx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 31 Aug 2013 09:58

Morning:)

l think it was great and great for children too, it was my daughter checking incase any predetors got them.

l had'nt realised one had TB, thought he said all were clear:((
But what an amazing set up, be great if children could actually go and watch at the set up.

Daughter has recorded the last 2 for g/daughter as they have been away.

jude