General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Burrowers Chris Packham 9pm BBC 2..........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 20:12

.....tonight:))......Brilliant last week.
Did anyone else watch it and would you think its ok for a 7yr old??

jude :-)

Jane

Jane Report 23 Aug 2013 20:17

I watched it Jude .Yes Brilliant.If tonights is like last week I think a 7 yr old would love it :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 20:20

Hello Jane...hows you??

Yes thats what l thought, l suggested daughter records it, she was asking as its on at 9pm.....thank you:)

jude x

Jane

Jane Report 23 Aug 2013 20:34

I'm fine thanks Jude .Hope you are too :-D OH and I were totally glued to the programme last week.Just thought it was blooming amazing.I think any young child would love seeing the lives of the Bunny Wabbits and Badgers etc underground. :-D :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 20:37

Yeh pleased to read you are good:)

l think g/daughter will love it too:) Vic and l can't wait for 9pm now:)

jude :-D :-D,,,,,wabbits teeth:)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Aug 2013 04:32

I missed it this week as o.h. wanted to watch something else and I was recording a different programme.
I loved the first one, so hopefully they will repeat this week's episode or I will have to watch it online.

Lizx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 24 Aug 2013 20:14

Liz...do you have iplayer, is it on there??

jude x

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Aug 2013 21:21

We enjoyed it but I have to giggle at 'watching the wabbits in the wawwens'

*slaps self*

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Aug 2013 20:54

Ignore his speech impediment........

The last one tonight :)))

jude x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 30 Aug 2013 22:34

Don't know about young children but two oldies here have been fascinated by it!

Felt so sorry for the doe - she has just about finished birthing when the buck pounces on her - poor girl.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Aug 2013 07:10

Chris, apparently she makes a noise to encourage the buck, I think they got it wrong and she was 'saying' Sod off! lol Seems a bit soon.

I was fascinated by the programme and I think it would be great to show in schools - even young children could learn a lot from it and the biology (reproduction) part explained to them later. It was a wonderful idea to create the views into the burrows etc.

Sad that one of the badgers got tb so had to be put to sleep, I hope it wasn't Bramble.

Lizx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 31 Aug 2013 09:58

Morning:)

l think it was great and great for children too, it was my daughter checking incase any predetors got them.

l had'nt realised one had TB, thought he said all were clear:((
But what an amazing set up, be great if children could actually go and watch at the set up.

Daughter has recorded the last 2 for g/daughter as they have been away.

jude