General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted persons records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Little

Little Report 23 Aug 2013 21:31

Hi
I wonder if someone could help me as I am new to this .

I was adopted and found out that I have a sister who was also adopted before me, can I trace her if I know her birth name even though it may have been changed as mine was?
She was born Samantha Green Oct,Nov,Dec 1969 mothers maiden name Green 10f 1087's
Thank you for reading

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 23 Aug 2013 21:40

Yes you can - if you want a hand please ask

jax

jax Report 23 Aug 2013 21:50

Hi Little welcome to the boards

There is someone called David that has Samantha Green 1969 Oldham in his tree are you in contact?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Aug 2013 22:01

You cant have access to her records or any details from them........assistance can be given though if its in both parites best interest..

Little

Little Report 23 Aug 2013 22:27

Hi
Yes David is a half sibling on my birth fathers side.
Wow thanks for getting back to me .

Kay how do I find her then?
:-0

Lauren

Lauren Report 23 Aug 2013 22:29

Hi there,

I know this is a complete long shot, but I am wondering if anyone can help or tell me I'm looking in the completely wrong direction, or perhaps where I could look.

My father was born & adopted in 1968, his birth mother was a lady called Janet Mary Bolton with her address' on his birth certificate of both the Brighton/Sussex area and Swindon/Wiltshire area but no date of birth or any named father. I have messaged anyone with a Janet Bolton in their family tree born between 1943-1952. But am still wondering what else I can find, he has applied for his adoption file but it currently can not be found.

Any reply to this would be great.

Kind regards

Lauren

Little

Little Report 23 Aug 2013 22:29

Help please

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Aug 2013 22:55

Little,,,,,,,,,, have sent a message with outlines of procedures,,,look for white envelope.......

Lauren,,,Files get moved when departments are relocated so they do get mislaid,,,,,,,

Lauren

Lauren Report 23 Aug 2013 23:07

Kay????

Is there anything else I could do in the mean time? Could anyone else be connected to her that we could try and look for? Or does it all now hang in the balance of 'missing files' to be found