General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ladies Wide Fit Shoes - A whinge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 26 Aug 2013 16:45

I need extra wide shoes in size 9 (triple E is the smallest I can squeeze bad foot into) - a niche market to say the least.

Whywhy, oh do all manufacturers think I will want shoes that are more suited to the 50s (years not age range!) or very very old ladies. And most look like they are in the most hard leather, I want comfort as well.....

Some styles are so dated it is untrue, and those which they consider fashionable nearly all have a strap across, which I do not like. I love a nice slip on. And I do not wear sandals, cannot wear shoes without socks, hate that clammy feeling....

I love the Cotton Traders ladies suede slip ons (have a few pairs which came from Shoe Tailor many years ago, no longer doing them). But they stop a size 8 and only the regular and next width. Looked at the mens and the colours are just so drab.

All I want is a nice pair of reasonably fashionable shoes. Yet I have looked at Shoe Tailor (and all their associated sellers such a Marisota and Simply Be!), Padders, CosyFeet and there is nothing I like and I am not looking for anything special, just not outdated or unsuitable.

Whinge over, off for dinner and to calm down....... Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this, I do not expect answers, but just needed to vent a little :-D

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 26 Aug 2013 17:03

Try Clarks they do some nice shoes .........sometimes but they go to a G fitting

I managed to get a pair last months .....

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Aug 2013 17:08

Have you tried Hotter - they go up to 9EEE.

Kath. x

lostmeboardname

lostmeboardname Report 26 Aug 2013 18:21

http://www.cosyfeet.com/

try these they are specially for peeps who need wide fitting shoes.
:-)

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 26 Aug 2013 20:17

Hi, one of the ladies I work with takes a wide fitting size 10 and she gets her shoes from Evans, not sure of the width she has but might be worth a try.
You could try Sandpiper.com they sell shoes up to 6xE fittings. Not cheap but they are well made, comfortable and last for ages.

:-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 Aug 2013 09:42

Sadly I find that both Hotter and Clarks fall into the category of old lady shoes in my opinion.

Evans only do regular and wide (nothing larger). And having looked at the Evans site, personally I would not be seen dead in most of the styles, I do not even buy my clothes from there.

Will look at Sandpiper, these do not appear to have come up in my googles.....

Penny

Penny Report 27 Aug 2013 10:30

Nothing suitable in mens wide suede slip on that you could dye?

http://www.brantano.co.uk/men/orchard/lynton-beige-br_2701217744?params=fh_secondid%3dbr_2701217744%26fh_lister_pos%3d3%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_men%257d%252fbr_search_estyle%253e%257bcasual20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%3dlister

http://www.brantano.co.uk/men/orchard/lance-brown-br_2712406433?params=fh_view_size%3d16%26fh_start_index%3d16%26fh_secondid%3dbr_2712406433%26fh_lister_pos%3d25%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_men%257d%252fbr_search_estyle%253e%257bcasual20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%3dlister Be okay with trousers

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 27 Aug 2013 11:08

Have you tried "Cosy feet" - Liz

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 Aug 2013 14:38

Liz see orginal post

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Aug 2013 15:59

Try Ambrose Wilson. I have just looked at their website and the first shoe I looked at was made by Lotus, a wedge-heeled slip-on, no strap, in sizes up to 9EEE, at £50.

According to them, their shoes aren't available anywhere else, so at least they should be different from what you've already seen.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 27 Aug 2013 17:52

I can understand your whinge - I'm a 7 EE with a high instep and I have terrible problems getting shoes that fit and look good.

I don't know how high the sizes go but the last two pairs I have bought came from Debenhams. I got some boots made by Nine West. I think they are an American company and they came up so big I had to have a 6. Then I got some smart black patent court shoes with a low heel that came from Jane Shilton at Debenhams and again I had to come down to a 6 1/2 and, joy of joys, they look much narrower than they really are.

They were on the pricey side but could be worth a look to see if they have any wider fittings.

patchem

patchem Report 27 Aug 2013 19:38

Evans do extra wide (Eee).

http://www.evans.co.uk/en/evuk/category/shoes-250471/view-all-shoes-1880861?geoip=noredirect

My daughter, in her 20's, has used them, and found it a slightly embarrassing experience. The shoes were in the corner and she had to walk through the bra department to get there.
She may have very big feet, but she does not need a very large bra.
;-)

She has said that some years there is nothing there that she likes, whilst other times they are very good.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Aug 2013 21:48

Try finding a website for shoes in the US.

I can't wear high heels, trying to find a decent shoe that's not an "old lady" shoe is a nightmare.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Aug 2013 22:07

Jane Shilton do a good range of shoes,

Have you looked at ---------Pavers,,,,

Sally

Sally Report 27 Aug 2013 22:21

try brantineo

sally w <3

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 Aug 2013 14:27

Have looked at all of those mentioned. Sadly many do not do the extra/ultra wide and when they do the style just goes out the window.

Take a look at any site, enter size 9 then go to the very wide shoes and see what is on offer. I am 59 not 99!! Do shoe designers think that all women want to wear these styles which have not changed since the 1950s!!!

Oh and by very wide I mean triple E or more.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Aug 2013 16:35

www.widefitshoes.co.uk.

www.widefitting.co.uk. these have a brand list,,,choose size and fittings.

also------google Charles Clinkard.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 28 Aug 2013 17:15

Take a look at jdwilliams.co.uk they have quite a good selection of EEE fiting and some above.
Thing is a lot of the modern styles have straps across but there are some slip ons on there as well. Also depends on the heel height you want but I do understand as I take the same size as you but I don't mind the strap across.
Hope you find something, nothing worse than an ill fitting shoe except maybe toothache :-D