General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

192.com look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 27 Aug 2013 16:05

hello members,

can any one look up a person for me in 192.com? Thanks

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Aug 2013 16:29

Hello Mary - welcome to the boards - you do realise you have to pay for the 192 service?

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Aug 2013 16:30

Mary you have to buy credits to view the full details on 192 , so unless someone is willing to use one they have spare it's unlikey .

If you ask on the Find Living Relatives board someone with access to the electoral rolls on here may be able to help. :-)

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2013 16:38

If you have Genes Platinum or FMP full... the electoral roll comes with the subscription

Island

Island Report 27 Aug 2013 16:39

FMP has the electoral roll if that's any good

Mary

Mary Report 27 Aug 2013 16:52

thanks Anncardiff and Ramblingrose.

Yes, i understand it requires either credits/subscription. the reason why i am not going to to buy it as I just need to use this site for once at the moment.
i would really appreciate if someone can help me. the data I need to find only exists in 192.com

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2013 16:55

Why does it only exist on 192.com? Is it something more than the address that you are after?

Island

Island Report 27 Aug 2013 17:12

FMP no good then?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Aug 2013 17:35

to be honest, even if I only needed it for the one number, I'd buy credits

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2013 17:46

I have People tracer then FMP added it to their subs...People Tracer is more informative as it gives the price of the house when last sold ect well since 2002....but not sure what 192 has got that People tracer has'nt

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Aug 2013 17:47

Message sent, I have FMP but that may not be what you need

Island

Island Report 27 Aug 2013 19:13

FMP was offered but ignored Linda.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Aug 2013 19:21

192 is good but very expensive so it is unlikely that anyone will have credits to spare.

However, if you Google the name you are interested in and, if you are lucky it is found, select the 192 option you will see rather more information than you would if you had simply searched the 192 site.

Having established the person you are interested in is probably at the address, then have a look at some of the alternative sites. Some only charge a couple of quid for a days worth of lookups.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Aug 2013 19:32

it used to be less than a tenner for a one off purchase, plus - doesn't every large post office carry the telephone directories for the whole of the UK?

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2013 19:34

IGP I purchased 500 credits on people tracer which works out at 10p a look up but it there are a lot of people with the same name it is still 10p

What has 192.com got that people tracer hasn't?

Edit - You can find phone numbers for free on btonline...as long as they are not ex directory