General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just had a fabulous lunch.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 16:31

.....out with the girls in Abergavenny. I use the word "girls" loosely, we're all over sixty. I've now got to face a pile of ironing. I knew I'd be sorry I didn't do it before I went out.

Annie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2013 17:02

wotcha doing in Abergavenny? that's my fave place - I'll be there on Saturday - will be having lunch as usual in The Greyhound Vaults down the side of the market - best eating place in Abergavenny!!!

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 17:12

Hi Ann, this was the Kings Arms. Nicest dressed crab I've had anywhere. Six of us retired ladies go out to a different place every month but we often go back to our favourites. This one has just been added to our favourites list.

Annie

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 12 Sep 2013 17:21

We had lunch there last week and coffee afterwards at the Miserable Cow Coffee Bar...lolol

Sue

PS I am over 60 and Ann is errrr.........well over 60 :-D

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 17:39

Still girls at heart though, Sue

Annie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2013 17:41

shut it Sue!!!!! :-D

Love The Miserable Cow :-D

Annie - give the Greyhound a go - you will not be disappointed

If anyone's around in Aber next Saturday, Jill and I will be in the Greyhound around 1:30 pm

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 18:20

I'd love to but I'm going to the Llywel Church open day to see if my great-great-grandmother really was a figment of everyone's imagination. I'm also going to meet a third cousin I didn't know I had. I've been to the Greyhound often. We had a lot of retirement dos in there when I was working. In fact I think my own do was in there, as I remember.

Annie

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 12 Sep 2013 19:23

We may just surprise you both :-D

I am definitely young at heart, just a shame I am ancient in body!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2013 20:47

I'm young at heart too - certainly not growing old gracefully - that's a cert :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Sep 2013 21:09

One day we will make a meet in Aber but a bit far from Tenerife I'm afraid. :-)