General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just had a fabulous lunch.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 16:31

.....out with the girls in Abergavenny. I use the word "girls" loosely, we're all over sixty. I've now got to face a pile of ironing. I knew I'd be sorry I didn't do it before I went out.

Annie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2013 17:02

wotcha doing in Abergavenny? that's my fave place - I'll be there on Saturday - will be having lunch as usual in The Greyhound Vaults down the side of the market - best eating place in Abergavenny!!!

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 17:12

Hi Ann, this was the Kings Arms. Nicest dressed crab I've had anywhere. Six of us retired ladies go out to a different place every month but we often go back to our favourites. This one has just been added to our favourites list.

Annie

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 12 Sep 2013 17:21

We had lunch there last week and coffee afterwards at the Miserable Cow Coffee Bar...lolol

Sue

PS I am over 60 and Ann is errrr.........well over 60 :-D

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 17:39

Still girls at heart though, Sue

Annie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2013 17:41

shut it Sue!!!!! :-D

Love The Miserable Cow :-D

Annie - give the Greyhound a go - you will not be disappointed

If anyone's around in Aber next Saturday, Jill and I will be in the Greyhound around 1:30 pm

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Sep 2013 18:20

I'd love to but I'm going to the Llywel Church open day to see if my great-great-grandmother really was a figment of everyone's imagination. I'm also going to meet a third cousin I didn't know I had. I've been to the Greyhound often. We had a lot of retirement dos in there when I was working. In fact I think my own do was in there, as I remember.

Annie

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 12 Sep 2013 19:23

We may just surprise you both :-D

I am definitely young at heart, just a shame I am ancient in body!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2013 20:47

I'm young at heart too - certainly not growing old gracefully - that's a cert :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Sep 2013 21:09

One day we will make a meet in Aber but a bit far from Tenerife I'm afraid. :-)