General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT CENTURY ARE WE IN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 12 Sep 2013 19:04

THIS IS AWFUL AND BARBARIC
http://www.viralnova.com/8-year-old-child-bride-dies/

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 12 Sep 2013 19:35

Hiya Dizz, trust you are well x

Just seen this on fb am appalled I have no words to describe how I feel. As a parent you fight to protect your kids from this type of thing - I can barely believe parents are desperate enough that they need to sell their own children from the very thing they should be protecting them from :-(

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 Sep 2013 20:03

Been reading that article and I think we can all figure out how that 8 year old got her injuires

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Sep 2013 20:09

international groups, and diplomats from various countries, have been trying fro many years to get Yemen to change its laws ...................... but this happened in a remote tribal area, and just like in Pakistan or Afghanistan, traditions are deeply ingrained and the government of the country is usually hamstrung

hastily adds ................... not that I am condoning it in any way whatsoever. I was just as horrified as you when I read it 3 days ago.

I just want to point out that people have been trying to get it changed for years.

Island

Island Report 12 Sep 2013 20:33

How on earth can these parents and 'bridegrooms' think this is right???

Disgusted.