General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Going to be a long night

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 12 Sep 2013 21:39

Grandson asked my oh if he would look after his 5 baby snakes while he is on holiday for 2 weeks. Grandson has bred these and wanted them looked after properly. Grandson went away Monday and oh went and gave these little snakes fresh water last night. All in separate boxes on a heat mat. Little grandson came today and asked granddad to show him the snakes. He took him up to the spare room and one is missing. Pulled the house apart and he cant find it. Petrified is not the word. Frightened of sharing my bed with it.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Sep 2013 21:51

The stuff of nightmares.....

1. Because there is a snake hiding somewhere
2. What is your OH going to tell grandson who owns them.?

Daughter has a huge boa constrictor lodging at her house at present. I've got used to it being there, but sometimes it's not visible in it's cage and I do wonder...................

Hope you find the missing snake. Have you got the heating on in the house? It will make for somewhere warm, I guess.

Gwyn

ann

ann Report 12 Sep 2013 21:58

Gwyn I am thinking my bed is warm lol Checked out the airing cupboard with a torch and not there. Left a little mouse on tissue and hoping it maybe hungry. I have told my grandson via facebook. He said put carrier bags down by all the doors and they will rustle if it moves over them.. Still scared though

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Sep 2013 22:11

Do they eat very often?

The one at daughter's is only fed on certain days and then has to be left undisturbed to digest it's food, so that is usually when it hides away.

I think you are going to have to search one room at a time, then close it off. I'd want to start with the bedroom and put draught excluders or similar down so that nothing gets in.

Good luck.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 12 Sep 2013 23:51

oooerrrrr I wouldn't go to bed :-0 :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Sep 2013 23:53

....at least they're only babies.....but they're Grandson's babies.....

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Sep 2013 05:30

eeeek!

I can imagine how you feel :-( we had a 3 metre carpet snake on the patio table on Tuesday.

If it came inside I'd be staying in the local motel!

:-D

Have you checked the airing cupboard ~ behind the towels?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Sep 2013 07:38

Could only happen to you Annie, hope the little snake is soon found and back in it's box!

Lizxxx

Phyll

Phyll Report 13 Sep 2013 09:52

I couldn't have even looked after them in the first place. Hope you find it soon.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2013 11:29

having been a snake owner
check all the warm dark places in the house
and keep the toliet lid firmly down :-D