General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dietry help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McB

McB Report 13 Sep 2013 20:19

Been up docs today about blood pressure probs, I'm on the max strength pills & have been told I've got to try & reduce it by diet & loose a bit of weight, now I'm not that big just got a bit of a paunch & could do with loosing a stone & a bit, i have to fend for myself during the day at work & it's not easy to pop up the shop for something ( to far ) so i usually stock up at the supermarket on a saturday & leave in the fridge in my workshop, i also have a microwave there so I'm after some healthy eating ideas that i can keep in the fridge to see me through the week.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 13 Sep 2013 20:27

McB, if you join the slimming thread, I am going to put some recipes on there over the weekend, I have some great recipes, most you can freeze. Last week I made 6 meals from one chicken, all very tasty too :-D

Will bump the thread up for you

McB

McB Report 13 Sep 2013 20:34

Thanks Lynda but my situation requires that i have to buy all i eat during the day & keep it at my workshop.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 13 Sep 2013 20:38

Have you got a microwave at your workshop McB? If you have you could take a meal in, and heat it there.

McB

McB Report 13 Sep 2013 20:56

Yes i have a microwave but home life probs ( long story ) prevents that.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Sep 2013 21:14

go to M & S and get some of their ready meals - check the calories