General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot summer over... Happy ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Sep 2013 11:46

Are you happy that the Hot summer is over... ?

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Sep 2013 11:49

I'm pleased with the rain, because I've just recently planted a few shrubs, bulbs in my garden... :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 14 Sep 2013 11:50

i enjoy most weather for a short time,

but i prefer winter as if its get cold you can add a few layers,
in sumer ya can only take off so many lol,

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Sep 2013 11:52

Good points StrayKitten. :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Sep 2013 11:57

As long as its not too humid, we love the sunshine and hot weather. Sunlight and warmth lifts our spirits.

It's depressing to think that we've at least 6 months of cloud with out breaks of rain before we can shed layers again :-(

Hot and sunny during the day, with showers over night would be an ideal climate :-D

Frederick

Frederick Report 14 Sep 2013 12:35

NO I'm not, it means my Gas and Electricity bills are going to

multiply tenfold. :-( :-( :-(

F.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 14 Sep 2013 12:54

yes.... because i just love autumn.. :-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Sep 2013 14:04

I can understand that Frederick, Gas & E bills are far too high!!! I love autumn too Stella. :-) Especially seeing the shrubs and tree leaves taking on lovely yellow, red, brown, and golden glows etc... before they fall off. :-D Also nice to see a few bulbs like crocus coming into flower, bello!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Sep 2013 14:36

No because I shall have to start using the central heating.

Today is still sunny, but we are promised the first autumnal storm tonight and tomorrow!! :-(

That means torrential rain and gales causing floods, fallen trees landslides and traffic chaos!!! In this part of Scotland a flood diversion can be 50 miles.

Let's hope the weather man is exaggerating. :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 14 Sep 2013 15:30

I didnt enjoy the really really high temperatures,too hot for me, but I am not looking forward to the cold wintery,snowy, wet,& dark nights of winter!

We have a Lovely day here in my bit of Aberdeenshire today, was a bit breezy earlier, but calm now, the sun is shining & warm outside,just how I like it.

JOAN

Jane

Jane Report 14 Sep 2013 15:59

Summer was great ,but a tad too hot for me at times.Now the nights are drawing in ,and we are just going to try and light our wood burner.We had it put in a couple of months ago and OH has been itching to give it a try.The instruction book is on the hearth :-S.
I love Autumn ,it is my favourite season. :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Sep 2013 16:57

Thanks for the interesting replies...