General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh how I wish I had never...................

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 09:21

Oh how I wish I had never discovered Candy Crush Saga. I'm semi obsessed with beating level 79. I'm beginning to think its near impossible :-(

Is anyone else playing it? If so what level are you on?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Sep 2013 09:25

Have completely ignored it as I don't want to get sucked in. Same with all the FB games. :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 15 Sep 2013 09:29

Morning girls :-) No. I don't do games and stuff. In fact I think the competitive streak was left out of my genetic makeup! why, I have been known to even cheat at Snap! :-D.

Apropos feckall as my granny used to say, what a beautiful day it is here in London right now, bright sunshine and blue skies. A slight bite in the air..I feel like skipping! :-D :-D <3

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 09:38

BC go ahead and skip, nobody is watching.

I ignored Candy Crush until my daughter and grand daughter came to stay and were competing against each other and then my resistance crumbled.

Ann it's your OH's fault that I can now play CC in bed :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 09:41

I played it a couple of times but I don't want to get involved in playing games on Facebook, apart from Scrabble.

It is such a faff keeping it quiet from everybody and I don't really want my scores broadcast across the internet so I just play stuff on the game sites, like Forty Thieves Gold Solitaire on Big Fish.

That is a mind blower!

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 09:41

I played it a couple of times but I don't want to get involved in playing games on Facebook, apart from Scrabble.

It is such a faff keeping it quiet from everybody and I don't really want my scores broadcast across the internet so I just play stuff on the game sites, like Forty Thieves Gold Solitaire on Big Fish.

That is a mind blower!

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 09:46

I don't play on Face Book, nobody sees my scores but me. I only play Candy Crush and Spidar, a card game.

I'm now tempted to look at Big Fish now you have mentioned it Sharron, but for the moment I will resist.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 15 Sep 2013 09:58

I have so far ignored invitations to play Candy Crush, just scrabble on face book and spider solitaire (I can waste a lot of time on that one :-D)
As Ann says, you can get 'sucked in' and then I will waste even more time - though if I enjoy it I suppose that time isn't really wasted ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 10:02

Wanna game of Scrabble Lyndi?

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 10:05

I do limit my time on Candy Crush and usually play in the evening while I am watching television and wouldn't normally be doing anything else anyway.

I haven't yet reached the point where it is the be all and end all. I am quite competitive but not to the extreme..............yet

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 10:12

I played until I had run out of lives. Didn't really know how to obtain more lives, thought it might involve spending money so decided it was probably better if I didn't find out.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Sep 2013 10:14

:-D :-D I should just like to point out that TS is playing CC ON HER OWN! :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 10:17

I should, at this point say, that Ann's OH very kindly fixed it so that I could get the Internet in my bedroom, which I couldn't do before his latest invention made this possible. :-)

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 15 Sep 2013 10:18

I got stuck at level 67 for 3 months, I am now cured and no longer play any games :-D :-D

Carol

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 11:07

Sharron I only play for fun and never part with any money. It is only 69p for extra lives but I don't buy them. Luckily I think you only get about 5 lives at a time.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Sep 2013 11:16

I'm not very far on - I only have 2 friends who play it, and don't want to admit to anyone else that I spend hours playing games :-S

I love escapegames 24. New(short) games every day :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 11:36

Help. I'm being exposed to new games sites that I never knew existed.

I will not look. I will not look. I will not look..etc etc :-D :-D :-(

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 15 Sep 2013 11:57

OH and I both play games, but only off-line.

Solitaire, Spider, Freecell, Jawbreaker, Minesweeper and Automobilia. OH also plays Sudoku a lot, but I prefer it in a book!!

GinN

GinN Report 15 Sep 2013 12:11

My OH has become an addict since he got his ipad, and is welll into competition with our 10 year old Granddaughter! :-D

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 15 Sep 2013 13:14

Thanks a bunch Sharron..sighs...

OH has just down loaded Forty Thieves etc on to our iPads,
as if we didn't have enough games. :-D :-D :-D

Emma :-)