General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh how I wish I had never...................

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 09:21

Oh how I wish I had never discovered Candy Crush Saga. I'm semi obsessed with beating level 79. I'm beginning to think its near impossible :-(

Is anyone else playing it? If so what level are you on?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Sep 2013 09:25

Have completely ignored it as I don't want to get sucked in. Same with all the FB games. :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 15 Sep 2013 09:29

Morning girls :-) No. I don't do games and stuff. In fact I think the competitive streak was left out of my genetic makeup! why, I have been known to even cheat at Snap! :-D.

Apropos feckall as my granny used to say, what a beautiful day it is here in London right now, bright sunshine and blue skies. A slight bite in the air..I feel like skipping! :-D :-D <3

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 09:38

BC go ahead and skip, nobody is watching.

I ignored Candy Crush until my daughter and grand daughter came to stay and were competing against each other and then my resistance crumbled.

Ann it's your OH's fault that I can now play CC in bed :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 09:41

I played it a couple of times but I don't want to get involved in playing games on Facebook, apart from Scrabble.

It is such a faff keeping it quiet from everybody and I don't really want my scores broadcast across the internet so I just play stuff on the game sites, like Forty Thieves Gold Solitaire on Big Fish.

That is a mind blower!

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 09:41

I played it a couple of times but I don't want to get involved in playing games on Facebook, apart from Scrabble.

It is such a faff keeping it quiet from everybody and I don't really want my scores broadcast across the internet so I just play stuff on the game sites, like Forty Thieves Gold Solitaire on Big Fish.

That is a mind blower!

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 09:46

I don't play on Face Book, nobody sees my scores but me. I only play Candy Crush and Spidar, a card game.

I'm now tempted to look at Big Fish now you have mentioned it Sharron, but for the moment I will resist.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 15 Sep 2013 09:58

I have so far ignored invitations to play Candy Crush, just scrabble on face book and spider solitaire (I can waste a lot of time on that one :-D)
As Ann says, you can get 'sucked in' and then I will waste even more time - though if I enjoy it I suppose that time isn't really wasted ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 10:02

Wanna game of Scrabble Lyndi?

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 10:05

I do limit my time on Candy Crush and usually play in the evening while I am watching television and wouldn't normally be doing anything else anyway.

I haven't yet reached the point where it is the be all and end all. I am quite competitive but not to the extreme..............yet

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2013 10:12

I played until I had run out of lives. Didn't really know how to obtain more lives, thought it might involve spending money so decided it was probably better if I didn't find out.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Sep 2013 10:14

:-D :-D I should just like to point out that TS is playing CC ON HER OWN! :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 10:17

I should, at this point say, that Ann's OH very kindly fixed it so that I could get the Internet in my bedroom, which I couldn't do before his latest invention made this possible. :-)

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 15 Sep 2013 10:18

I got stuck at level 67 for 3 months, I am now cured and no longer play any games :-D :-D

Carol

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 11:07

Sharron I only play for fun and never part with any money. It is only 69p for extra lives but I don't buy them. Luckily I think you only get about 5 lives at a time.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Sep 2013 11:16

I'm not very far on - I only have 2 friends who play it, and don't want to admit to anyone else that I spend hours playing games :-S

I love escapegames 24. New(short) games every day :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 15 Sep 2013 11:36

Help. I'm being exposed to new games sites that I never knew existed.

I will not look. I will not look. I will not look..etc etc :-D :-D :-(

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 15 Sep 2013 11:57

OH and I both play games, but only off-line.

Solitaire, Spider, Freecell, Jawbreaker, Minesweeper and Automobilia. OH also plays Sudoku a lot, but I prefer it in a book!!

GinN

GinN Report 15 Sep 2013 12:11

My OH has become an addict since he got his ipad, and is welll into competition with our 10 year old Granddaughter! :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Sep 2013 13:14

Thanks a bunch Sharron..sighs...

OH has just down loaded Forty Thieves etc on to our iPads,
as if we didn't have enough games. :-D :-D :-D

Emma :-)