General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Surprise Surprise on Tonight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Sep 2013 19:49

OMG.........I am blubbing and cannot stop

Certainly puts things into perspective!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Sep 2013 19:58

I wasn't going to watch it - but there was nothing else on.

As you say, puts things into perspective.
My eyes, too, have had a good clear out :-D

I think I may quite like 'The Wanted' now - they were so sweet with Demi.
I wonder if it may inspire them to do the odd charity benefit for Cystic Fibrosis?

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Sep 2013 20:13

Totaly agree......all the stories where inspirational

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 15 Sep 2013 20:20

aw i dont watch things like that, they make my eyes break lol

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Sep 2013 07:26

I love the programme and Holly is lovely with the guests, she is so down to earth, left her snotty tissue on the sofa when she got up lol

I liked the way The Wanted lads were with Demi, it's good to see young men behaving so gallantly and kindly.

What that poor man and his family went through with losing his wife and son and sister in law, and then the other girls Dad died too. He is like a father to all the girls and I bet he is a wonderful grandfather too. Such a shame he lost his only son who would have been an ally amongst all the girlpower in the house, but I hope things go well for them now and they have no more tragedies to cope with. I can't say I would ever want to go in a car in America again but hope he enjoys his road trip and it gives him happy memories to remember.

I guessed they would bring on the nurses, wonder if they have been in touch since or it was completely a new meeting.

I did think the lady who set up the Widows and Widowers club should have had a little gift, the other people who were just mentioned in the audience did so why not her?

It shows that our world isn't all bad, despite the dreadful tragedies that happen when others do wicked things, like that family being burned to death in their home and such, when there are good people who help others in the community and life.

Even my o.h. was sniffling by the end.
Lizx

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 16 Sep 2013 08:51

One of my favourite programmes. Loved that chap with the 4 girls - so positive and nice. And, yes, I am now a fan of the Wanted. Demi was lovely.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 22 Sep 2013 20:54

What a programme tonight. That last family (Jean from Liverpool) had me in floods with a big box of tissues.

And when her 85 year old mum came in from Canada to join the reunion, well........ :-) :-) :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 29 Sep 2013 11:23

Just a reminder it is on tonight. Remember to have tissues ready :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 29 Sep 2013 21:31

Seems I am only one who watches this programme :-( :-( Think it is my favourite, as well.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Oct 2013 14:03

Out of the 13m subscribers to GR, only I seem to watch this programme. Blub, blub.

6.10 tonight (ITV) :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 Oct 2013 14:36

Not my cup of tea, although I do like a good blub :-D :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 6 Oct 2013 15:18

Cannot believe that any tv company would consider reviving this mindless rubbish

I have little or no interest in listening to others problems, it is Jeremy Kyle softened up..... and do not get me started on X Factor etc....

FED UP WITH OTHERS HARD LUCK STORIES.....

We all have problems at some time in our lives, some far worse than others, but to air your problems on telly for sympathy etc., is truly ugly

Joeva

Joeva Report 6 Oct 2013 17:10

I watch it John so you are not alone !

Maybe a little contrived but that is probably how the programme has been edited.

I too have been very touched by some of the situations of the people featured on the show. Not always sob stories, many are about the unselfish efforts made by some to make a difference for others.

The cynic in me though, is glad that this is a an ITV programme and that the expenses entailed do not come out of our licence fee. :-D

Jo

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Oct 2013 17:18

I love the stories of people who have done so much locally and have never expected anything in return, Joeva. And they are so thrilled when the programme does something for them locally - like a new kitchen in their centre.

And Holly Willoughby is just so good and so pleasant with them all. I wonder who we would turn the spotlight on amongst the Genes chat contributors. I can think of half a dozen who I would recommend for a surprise. And a couple would get a huge surprise that I had put them forward :-D :-D ;-)

Wend

Wend Report 6 Oct 2013 21:20

It's OK John, don't recommend me, because you know very little about the 'real' me and very few others I imagine, so you would have a struggle to nominate any of us, in my opinion!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Oct 2013 21:23

I have noticed that some go the extra mile. Either to help on FA board, or help another poster. I promise I won't recommend you, Wend :-0 :-0 :-0

Wend

Wend Report 6 Oct 2013 21:28

Good :-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Oct 2013 21:31

Thought programme was not very good tonight. I did like the rugby player though in the first part. Lovely couple who deserved the bike and trip to USA :-)