General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are some people really Psychic ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 21:21

Do you think that some people are Psychic ? Perhaps we all are, but only a few can tune into this phenomena in their own certain way (psychic ability), in others it's there... but goes unused. Clairvoyance, helping the police solve crimes, telepathic communication, contact with ghosts and spirits... All nonsense or perhaps not ?? Telepathic communication is very interesting, and every now and then they try to find out if it's possible. What's your view ?

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 21:29

Psychic ability: A phenomena and condition apparently outside domain of physical law and therefore attributed by some to spiritual or hyperphysical agency. Spooky! lol

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 21:32

I think I need to buy some 'lucky Heather' quick, or I may have a spell of unknown psychic powers put on me! LOL :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Sep 2013 21:41

I wish I would have been LOL :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 21:56

Science always seem to have the answers, however, still a lot of unknown things out there... sounds a bit like the 'X files'. lol ;-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Sep 2013 22:23

There are those who have - but are rare - and never make a fortune from it.

My friend's mother was uncanny but then her maiden name was MacBeth and her father came from the Highlands.

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 17 Sep 2013 22:42

When my head is a iittle clearer GHeather I will give you a reading ;-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 22:50

Thanks Hayley, perhaps you could use tea leaves in a cup ? :-D ;-)

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 17 Sep 2013 22:58

GHeather.........My 82 yr Mum, still passes me her empyty cup and says " givus a reading" now for 1 we use tea bags, and for 2 I cant read tea leafs I struggle with a news paper.......however I will give her a reading, she will then spend 10 mins picking holes in what I have just said and call me a fraud and then decide her own version of what I have told her which is a load of old clap trap... :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 23:00

The Americas seem to take Psychic ability more seriously than us, I think the police out there... use people with supposed Psychic powers much more. Sometimes they are spot on, whether it is just by luck or a good nose/ideas, sort of Sherlock Holmes, or they really have Psychic ability, is part of the whole mystery of the Phenomena!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Sep 2013 23:03

yes, some people are psychic.

Those who broadcast it to the world are usually charlatans.

Sometimes it's not a gift, it's a curse!

:-(

Some of my ancestors came from the Orkney Islands.

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 23:05

Ok thanks for that added info Hayley, interesting! :-) ;-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 17 Sep 2013 23:07

Ok LadyScozz, good points, I think. lol :-)

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 18 Sep 2013 10:10

morning All x

There used to be a TV programe GH, Called Medium a US drama fictional based on a real life Psychic called Alison. She used to dream about crimes and then help the police solve them, I loved it . :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Sep 2013 10:23

I have a friend who seems to have the gift - some of her predictions are uncanny - she started to read the tarot cards for me but I had to stop her - didn't like the experience

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 18 Sep 2013 10:40

I recently went to see Derren Brown in Edinburgh.
His show was all about mediumship/psychics ect
His "psychic" ability was incredible in this 2hour show

He was able to tell people in the audience about themselves, their family and recounted personal stories about their departed loved ones.
He gave exact names, ages and cause of death, .......... but the point of his show was to debunk mediumship ect.
He insists that anyone can learn to do it!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 18 Sep 2013 12:56

I didn't learn how to do it.

It's a one way line........ they call me, I don't call them!

Scary sometimes.

:-0

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 19 Sep 2013 17:09

Just over 30yrs ago, with a group of workmates, we had "fortune teller" come and give us all a reading.
This rather old woman told me some odd things...

She said that I would soon meet my husband- to- be.
She even told me his name, and that I would know him when, he showed me the scar on his hand???
What did that mean?

Not long later. I started dating a young man who had the name given to me by the old lady.
My mates from work were excited about it, and kept asking if he had scars on his hands.
I had looked.. several times... and there were no scars to be found.

My boyfriend and I were chatting one day about our earliest childhood memories.
He told me about the day that he fell onto a piece of jagged metal and needed stitches to a cut his hand.

The scar that he showed to me was in the soft skin, between his middle and ring fingers.

We have been married for almost 30yrs. <3 < <3 <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Sep 2013 17:15

My MIL when she was engaged went to a reading and the lady told her she would have a large family including 2 sets of twins. MIL found this very amusing and did not believe a word of it.She went on to have 10 children including 2 sets of twins(conceived naturally) all have survived except one

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 19 Sep 2013 17:57

The old lady also told me that I would have a "gifted son".

As we have 3 daughters and more or less passed child bearing age, I am getting worried that someone may give me their son :-S :-S :-S