General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The next stage in my son's life....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Sep 2013 07:59

For the past couple of weeks my son has been working hard on his flat to partition off part of his lounge to make a second bedroom. It's nearly finished now and this weekend he and his friends will be moving his girlfriend's things to the flat and her little boy's bed and toys into the new bedroom.

They are going to try living together! It's a big step especially for my son who is a bit like me and likes his own space but they have decorated the lounge and the bedroom and are moving furniture about to make the place their own rather than his own so I hope it all works out for them.

The little boy has settled down well in his new school (more about that when I talk with N. as there was a meeting recently with the governors about the letter of complaint she wrote) and I am sure he will be fine in his new home as he gets on well with my son. He goes to his daddy's alternate weekends and overnight some nights during the week so my son and N. will have some time to themselves as well.

I will be going round soon to have a look at the decorating. My Dad would be proud of his efforts. Shame he isn't still around to advise, he was a dab hand and decorating and carpentry etc. G. and his friend made a good job of the partitioning which was approved by the Housing Association as G. and N. couldn't find a suitable exchange. Gone are the days where the councils and H.A.s found a new place for you. How lucky I was when I wanted to move, but the rules are different now.

Wishing you happiness and contentment G, N. and M. as you start this next phase of your lives, and don't forget I want a grandchild of my own before too long, altho I love little M. a little granddaughter would be lovely.

Lizxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Sep 2013 08:10

Good Luck to your family, hope it all works out for them

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Sep 2013 08:27

Good luck to them , a new phase in all their lives , hope it goes well for them :-)

kandj

kandj Report 20 Sep 2013 08:39

All the very best wishes for their future happiness together Liz. Your son and his girl friend will be just sooo excited (and you too!) .I hope all goes well for the little boy and for everyone. XX

JustJean

JustJean Report 20 Sep 2013 11:16

Love and very best wishes to your son and his new little family, hope your wish comes true Liz ,grand children are great and you get to send them home :-D :-D :-D :-D
hope all is well with you both,

love Jean xxx

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Sep 2013 11:45

Good luck to them Liz :-)

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 20 Sep 2013 14:17

Wishing them luck in their new venture

PS.sure you will make a lovely gran!! :-)

GinN

GinN Report 20 Sep 2013 14:43

All the very best for your familie's new start, Liz, and good luck in getting a new granddaughter! :-) :-) :-)

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 20 Sep 2013 15:20

I hope the little family have a lovely future together.
Bet they are so excited.
New beginnings.

:-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 20 Sep 2013 23:35

Dear Purple

Hello

Hope your son and his family have peace and happiness in their home.

Very best of luck to them.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Wend

Wend Report 20 Sep 2013 23:44

Liz, I hope all goes well for your son, his girlfriend and the little lad and that they will all be very happy together <3 Wend xxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Sep 2013 03:25

Thanks all, I spoke with my lad last evening and he was very stressed, I think he is still a bit worried about sharing his space with someone after living alone for a while, but they do seem happy together and N. is a nice girl who adores my lad.

I found a card to send them which says 'May the roof above you never fall in and may those living beneath it never fall out' Apparently it's an old Irish blessing.

Hope it proves right!

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Sep 2013 04:01

Liz

I hope all goes well for your son and his new family xxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Sep 2013 04:24

Thanks, Sylvia, I hope so too, it would be great if my lad could get a job now as well, he has been trying so hard and so little out there.

Lizx

kandj

kandj Report 22 Sep 2013 21:40

Hoping that everything works out well Liz. Onwards and upwards (stop worrying, it might never happen ha ha). xx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 22 Sep 2013 22:35

Liz it is so hard for them, and as you say not much in the way of jobs.our lot have done quite well really. One has had a couple of 6 month spells with no work a few years ago, but all good at the moment. I have always been a person who worries about things and no matter how old they are, they are still our children.
I hope your son finds work soon.

Sylvia xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Sep 2013 18:13

Thanks Sylvia.

I spoke to the two of them a little while ago and they said the little lad likes being at the flat and loves his new room but didn't sleep very well last night. It's all strange to him but I am sure he will sleep better soon and feel settled. He seems to be enjoying his new school.

Son has had to pack a lot into the small rooms so everywhere but M's room is a mess but he will gradually get straight and they will get into a good routine. He says his main focus now is getting work and then things will come together. His friends were apparently incredibly supportive with moving the things from N's flat, altho my lad thought she had boxed lots up and she hadn't so it took longer than expected. On taking the van back to hire company they filled petrol tank to same mark as when they borrowed it but the chap said it had to be full!!!!! so they had to go back and get another £7 worth of petrol, it cost a lot and had I known I could have recommended a driver and van which would have worked out cheaper. He was washing down the front door when I called so it making an effort to get the place looking good again after all the chaos.

Thanks for your support, I do worry about him naturally but I am sure things will work out ok and the three of them (for now lol) will be happy.

Lizxx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Sep 2013 20:21

Hello Liz....just seen this....all the very best to your son and his new family, bless him:))

Hope it all works out for them:)

love jude xx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 23 Sep 2013 22:34

Hi Liz.
I am sure little one will settle soon. It will be strange but exciting for him with all the changes. Your son is good washing down the front door. Wish mine would do that. Not good about having to put extra petrol in the van.
But hopefully your son will soon find some work and they will be very happy together. Bless them.x

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Sep 2013 22:49

Good Luck to them Liz.....I wish the little family well and full of happiness <3