General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SHEFFIELD MEET 17th May 2014

Page 0 + 1 of 14

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Nov 2013 20:21

would anybody else be interested ?

Getting close now so lets add those names

definates

Uzzi (obviously now I have booked my flights)
Stray
Joy
Wend
Annina + 1 Genie
Sallie
Motown Girl
Elaine (flying doctor)
Mo* Rocking* Granny plus daughter
Kay doing a guest guest appearance and liaison with the Boro and newsmen.

the maybes if they can make it are

Liz Purple Diamond not to be ..sorry we won´t meet up Liz.
Porkie:pie (Roy)
Michael2
Sharron
Cliff

There will also be Jill was a GR member but didn´t post. and possibly Lozzie who is a Sheffield genealogist but not GR.

Location to meet .
Ibis Hotel, Shude Hill . which is so close to both train and bus station.

Time
12.30 pm / 1pm

we will see about lunch at a later date and for those who wish to join in later we can sort that also :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Nov 2013 07:09

feeling rather lonely and unwanted on this thread. lots of looks but no replies :-(
Is this because nobody lives near Sheffield or because nobody want *sob* to *sob* meet *sob* me :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Nov 2013 07:13

Depends when it is Uzzi, we enjoy our long weekends away and we could stay at that lovely cottage in Wroot again. Will need to know fairly well in advance to book time off work for o.h. altho it might be safer for me to come alone, with all the bad luck he has with holidays lol

Course we want to meet you, silly, we have to see to believe lol

Lizxxx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 17 Nov 2013 12:08

will need a date my lovely, long as it was a weekend, then the fare there isnt too pricey ;-) and can get a cheap hotel coz just had a look online,

but when??? lmaooo, x

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Nov 2013 12:13

Ahh liz I can give rough dates as in the 2nd /3rd week of May. I can also say that I will be in the Ibis hotel just off Pond Street.
I am coming over for 7/10 days between the 14 may and the 25th (not sure of arrival dates or going home days yet) OH has holiday booked between the 12th and 26th ..that is set in stone ..my dates are flexi depending on flight cost and what I want,
The hotel is also a definite because of price (cheapest with wifi) and it´s location to both bus and rail stations.
It will be great to meet people that I talk to and I would be happy to meet anybody.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Nov 2013 12:16

Stray hun check IBIS hotel city centre 39 quid a room as that is where I will book I will be there over a weekend as I will fly mid.week
;-)

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 17 Nov 2013 12:22

ohhhhhh yesss, better put the sheffile on standby the boro will be in town lol, ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Nov 2013 12:43

Sorry Uzzi would have loved to be there but we will be down in Cornwall on holiday all being well. :-) <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Nov 2013 12:51

Ann you have a pass on this ;-) I love Cornwall, used to live there. but my rellies are Sheff born and bred so that is where I am going.

Annina

Annina Report 17 Nov 2013 13:41

You can put me down for definate Uzzi. You will have to remind me a lot closer to the date though,getting forgetful don't you know. :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Nov 2013 14:51

Thanks Uzzi, shall think of you all though. :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Nov 2013 15:23

Ann I am sure myself and Stray will manage to raise a glass in your name.

Annina Yes ..I will remind you nearer the time. It would also be interesting to meet your sis in law Jeannie

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 17 Nov 2013 16:02

I would love to come, but don't know if Vic would get me to Sheffield, possability of a friend meeting me half way though and staying at his.....but then the 15th is our wedding anniversary (43yrs.....blinky eck)....will have a word with Vic :))

jude :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 17 Nov 2013 19:28

You can all relax now we can't come...lol

jude ;-)

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 17 Nov 2013 19:37

would have been nice to finally meet you Jude, maybe next time :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Nov 2013 19:55

Jude that is a shame that you can´t come, would have been nice to meet you

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Nov 2013 19:59

aww come on jude be brave

we dont bite -- honest ;-) ;-)

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 17 Nov 2013 20:16

Uzzi, would love to come and failing accidents and catastrophes I'll be there. Elaine( flying doctor).

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 17 Nov 2013 20:19

:-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 17 Nov 2013 20:50

If i'm back home in May then i will pop in and say hello,

Roy