General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ACTUAL COMPLAINTS FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 29 Nov 2013 21:09

From Tour Operators.

1. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”

2. “It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time — this should be banned.”

3. “On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.”

4. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price.”

5. “The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.”

6. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow.”

7. “They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”

8. “No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared.”

9. “Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers.”

10. “We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish.”

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Nov 2013 21:13

It's not pleasant having an egg-slicer in your drawers Mr Magoo.

Trust me, i knows about these things!!

:-D ;-) :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 29 Nov 2013 21:51

I'm sure you do Prickles.......wonder if they had nut crackers ?..............

;-)........... :-S

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Nov 2013 23:01

Are we talking Ginger Nuts?

:-D :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Nov 2013 23:13

Appologies for calling you ............Nuts!!

:-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 29 Nov 2013 23:42

Would prefer you not to call me Ginger tho........ :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Nov 2013 00:01

Are they for real??? !!! :-D

If that's their attititude, no wonder the Brits abroad have such a poor reputation

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Nov 2013 01:30

hahaha

I've mentioned him previously..........

A guy who used to work with OH went to the Daintree Rain Forest ....... and complained that it rained the whole time he was there :-0

wisechild

wisechild Report 30 Nov 2013 08:12

I overheard an English family having a row with a local bus driver over paying the family´s bus fare.
Tourist insisted they shouldn´t have to pay because they were on an "all inclusive" package.
Only thing that surprised me was that they had ventured out of the hotel, After all, the locals speak Spanish whereas the hotel staff mostly speak English.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 30 Nov 2013 08:30

How can you survive without custard creams :-D :-D :-D