General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need help to change name on family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margo

Margo Report 24 Jan 2014 16:37

My family tree is showing as my married name. I would like it to read Hill and Richardson or just Hill instead of Clarke. I just joined. Can you help? I need the tree to read HILL

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jan 2014 16:44

Go into your tree and call up your parents names You should show as their child so you can amend to your birth name.

Depends though how you started your tree..You may have to get Genes to amend it for your

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 24 Jan 2014 17:02

Click EDIT on your own little "tree box" .
The right hand side panel will then open, delete your surname in this and change to what you want it to be.
Then don't forget to click the SAVE button at the very bottom of side panel box

You can change any details in the panel but always remember to click the save button afterwards.

Margo

Margo Report 25 Jan 2014 00:09

Thanks so much! I went into My Tree and pressed Tree Options. I was able to change the Tree name. All the best from Ontario, Canada :-)