General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A MEMORY I LIKE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 7 Feb 2014 21:03

A SOUND THAT BRINGS A SMELL TO REMEMBER,

MUM SCRAPING BURNT TOAST

WELL BEFORE TOASTERS AND SMOKE ALARMS

PUT UNDER THE GRILL AN MUM FORGETS,

HAPPENED A LOT ,AND I STILL LOVE BURNT TOAST. <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Feb 2014 22:26

the smell of daffodils - remember my Dad coming home one night with a huge bunch of them - I was about trn years old and the smell of a bunch of daffodils always takes me back to them - white violets also

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Feb 2014 22:36

Black lead polish, not that I have smelt it for many moons but Nan and I used to set to with the black lead and wire wool to do the Kitchener on a Friday morning.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Feb 2014 22:38

The smell of my Dad's pipe tobacco. I have one of his pipes in my glass cabinet and if I sniff it hard I can still get a whiff of it and many happy memories of the old boy <3

Justice of Peace

Justice of Peace Report 8 Feb 2014 05:17

The smell of lavender, from the lavender water my mother used to put on her forehead when she had a migraine. Sadly mom passed away in my home and for years afterwards I would get a whiff of the smell, am sure it was mom walking past me and saying hello. It gave me a comforting feeling <3