General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My daughters toy boy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 7 Feb 2014 23:23

My daughter got with a new boyfriend 3 years ago after being in a refuge after her husband threatened her and her 3 boys to burning them all down. The boyfriend is 12 years younger. There little boy is 1 year old in 2 weeks. Not been able to get my head round this but the boyfriend has cancer and is on chemo. He was diagnosed last July after a major op.He is one of the best and treats her like she is special. He is just 24. First chemo was not right and started today on a different one. Fingers crossed,

michael2

michael2 Report 7 Feb 2014 23:38

ann age does not matter as long as he treats her with respect and love, hope his new treatment will work for him. my wife is 12 yrs younger than me we have been married 24 yrs together 27 yrs so it does work ok. give them your blessings and surpport. :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Feb 2014 00:11

Age is only a number!! The important thing is they're good for each other.
Positive thoughts for your daughters boyfriend. It must be so hard for all of them <3 <3

Renes

Renes Report 8 Feb 2014 00:54

I too married my handsome "toy boy" when he was 24 ... and I was 40
he died in July 2011 ..and left me a devastated widow ....

Ann, I hope with all my heart, that his treatment is successful ...

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Feb 2014 09:56

Ann I do hope that your daughter's lovely partner comes through this and that the treatment is successful. It must be devastating for her with a little one.

I can empathise with her as my daughter's lovely husband is undergoing chemo at this time, he is 9 years older than her and is 61, no matter what age, it is a devastating disease. son in law's treatment is more palliative than cure unfortunately. They have three grown up boys and a grandson.

I will be thinking of your daughter, do come on and let us know how he is getting on.

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 8 Feb 2014 10:40

Hope the treatment is a success and they can live a long and happy life together.

By the way our eldest son married a girl who is 13 years older - they have been married for 16 years and when doing my family tree it is amazing how many of the men married older women.

Mary

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 8 Feb 2014 21:48

Ann. I wish all the very best for your daughters partner.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Feb 2014 17:31

How unfair life is, and how tragic for this young man to be so sick. I do hope the new treatment works for him and he gets to have his life back to spend more time with his beloved partner and their baby boy and the other children. He is the kind of role model they need after seeing the behaviour of their real father and should be spared.

Best of luck to them all, I am sure you will support them as much as you can.

Lizx