General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

message flag.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 8 Feb 2014 13:21

On 26th Jan I had a pm which I answered.
The person then sent another one just with a comment & which didn´t require an answer, so I deleted it.
It is now 8th February & I still have a flag telling me I have a new message.
I check every few days just to make sure, but the last one was 26th Jan.
How do I get rid of the flag? It´s really irritating me now.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Feb 2014 13:24

I had a flag telling me I had an unread message but it must have been yonks ago as I couldn't find it - so I deleted everything in my message box to get rid of the constant irritation :-D

wisechild

wisechild Report 8 Feb 2014 13:35

Thanks Ann.
Nice to know I´m not alone in being irritated by it.
It´s a bit like checking all my "new" hotmatches, which I saw months, if not years ago.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Feb 2014 14:52

I got a email from Genes saying I had several unopened messages . I didn't. I have opened all of them

Wasn't showing against the message heading that I had messages still either another glitch I think , and its not the first time I have had such an email either

:-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Feb 2014 15:05

My message flag says I have 2 messages. I don't. When it was showing one message I complained to Genes, they said they'd look into it. the next time I had a message and answered it it went to two messages and has stayed there. I just ignore it and check when it goes above that.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Feb 2014 18:24

sometimes I think that the message flag stays until you have read the notification email............THEN the flag goes

Bob

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Feb 2014 00:43

My message flag has shown that I have 2 unopened messages for at least the last 2 years.

I now don't bother ...........

........ I just watch for the number to increase from 2