General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bad, Bad Woody!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Feb 2014 08:43

and you thought he was just a toy cowboy!

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/02/woody-dolls-tiny-toy-gun-confiscated-by-airport-security/

:-(

The world has gone completely mad :-0

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Feb 2014 11:11

UK and European Security can be stupid at times. There was a report a few years ago of an Eiffel Tour model being confiscated.....they sold them in the Departure lounge!

On the other hand, some things do get through - our son-in-law forgot that he had a multi-tool penknife thingy in his carry-on bag. He flew out of London, to Quebec, then after a few days stay flew to Toronto. Toronto security picked it up at the homeward flight check-in!

A similar case was fought up to the High Court - something similar but with a tiny blade collected from a Eurostar passenger. The Judge told Security to use some common sense

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Feb 2014 11:30

I had a tailcomb taken from me a few years ago.

Last year we flew with only hand luggage........ there was a stick-mixer in my bag! We noticed the security guys checking it out on the xray machine, but we weren't asked about it. Not sure how much damage I could do with an unplugged stick-mixer.

I've often wondered if you can still buy Swiss army knives at airport shops :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Feb 2014 06:43

I had a flimsy pair of folding scissors in my makeup bag, they were on a keyring and belonged to my late mother, they came out of a Christmas cracker! I was really upset to have to hand them over at the Airport. I thought I had moved them to my suitcase but as soon as the people checking handluggage started poking about in my bag I guessed my error. They would have let me post them to myself had I had access to a jiffy bag and stamps but the post office wasn't open till after my flight left so they had to go to be disposed of. They were so handy too, only small so I can't see what harm I could have done with them really and do I really look the sort to hijack the plane by threatening the pilot with small scissors?

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Feb 2014 09:48

the stupid thing is.......... a few years ago, a nutcase was on a flight in Australia, he had several sharpened sticks on his person, and he went balistic on the flight, he stabbed at least one flight attendant before he was subdued.

You could do more damage with a pencil than a pair of manicure scissors or a comb........... or Woody's gun.